• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

POST- HSC anxiety (1 Viewer)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
PaleReflection said:
You know exactly what I'm talking about.

And it's not my fault you leave MSN on appear offline all day stalking me, only to come on at 1am wanting to talk!
I wasn't on appear offline all day, it was from like 11pm to whenever you came on! :mad:

7th Sign

HSC
man i fell like shit i keep thinking I have to study

+ now my parents are on my case.....saying some shit like go get a job....

if i dont make it into uni will will be sooooooooooooo sad I did the work :( i deserve to make it in...

Abtari

HSC
for me, it's nearly all those things mentioned above

post-hsc anxiety (waiting for results)
post-hsc depression (thinking of how one could have done better)
post-hsc solidarity (no more friends around)
post-hsc boredom (nothing much to do)

basically the hsc cuts our life span by almost a year.. :chainsaw:

elisabeth

HSC
Abtari said:
for me, it's nearly all those things mentioned above

post-hsc anxiety (waiting for results)
post-hsc depression (thinking of how one could have done better)
post-hsc solidarity (no more friends around)
post-hsc boredom (nothing much to do)

basically the hsc cuts our life span by almost a year.. :chainsaw:
That's exactly how I feel. Gahhh. What can I do for 3 months? Nowhere wants to hire me...

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
im sick of working. im working everyday. i like the cash, but i wish i still got some kind of Post-HSC holiday thing. my friends who dont have jobs... what do they do?? laze around the house? ive had my job since year 9, and i enjoy going to work mostly. but i actually want a bit of time off to think about my results, and just to be bored.

*ashlea*

HSC
I'm so bored now, i seriously can't think of anything to do after filling all my free time with stressing about or studying for the HSC for the last few months. It's like i lost the ability to think of stuff to do, plus there's that constant nagging feeling that i'm supposed to be doing somehting, like study, even tho there is really nothing i should be doing. Oh well, from tommorrow on i'll probably be working almost full time so there won't be any time to be bored in.. Coles checkout chick is NOT a fun job. :(

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
on days off from work, im going to redecorate my room, rearrange the furniture, and CHRISTMAS DECORATE THE HOUSE!!!!

Abtari

HSC
shellybelly087 said:
im sick of working. im working everyday. i like the cash, but i wish i still got some kind of Post-HSC holiday thing. my friends who dont have jobs... what do they do?? laze around the house? ive had my job since year 9, and i enjoy going to work mostly. but i actually want a bit of time off to think about my results, and just to be bored.
how can u not like getting money into ur bank a/c? and how can u like being bored?... i can understand wanting time to relax etc but boredom as such, is sickening :(

EDIT: and ur prolly best off not having time to think about results

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Gosh I have to say...this year's HSC is totally weird! Well not all parts of it, though I can guarantee that some markers will be subjective, especially in English, seeing that not one single English Teacher I've known has ever given me a clear definition of "Sophistication" though luckily I did grasp most concepts by the time of my HSC..

So, overall I have to agree with what most members have said, what's done is done, so like even in your worst scenerios, say if you get a UAI of 70 or 60, you can still head to UWS, make up for it there by getting high distinction, and transfer. Lmao that's basically what my friend did, he got a disappointing UAI of 73, he went to UWS and studied Medical Science, totally killed it, transferred to UNSW the next year of Med Science, totally killed it, and now, in his 2nd / 3rd year after HSC, he's already doing medicine, really I have to say, Australia's system of schools is pretty fudgey and dodgy since they force you to do everything in one year, unlike bloody some selective schools like James Ruse who can finish Maths 2 unit, Economics 2 unit in like year 11, and do only 6 units for their HSC in year 12, I mean that's so disadvantageous to us people..

Ack ok I better stop ranting, lol though hopefully not many people will be heading into unis this year, just like in 2004, allowing all of us a chance to get into the courses we want.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
Abtari said:
how can u not like getting money into ur bank a/c? and how can u like being bored?... i can understand wanting time to relax etc but boredom as such, is sickening :(

EDIT: and ur prolly best off not having time to think about results
i think that if i had time to do nothing, i wouldnt be bored. i'd be perfectly happy to sit on my bed and stare into space for hours and hours. I would also go for lots of walks. walk everywhere, since driving costs too much money.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
lol no. not really. dont have time to walk. always had school/work/whatever else. im going for long walks on the beach at schoolies. wow... that sounded so "warren"-ish

nedzelic

HSC
i'm stil having dreams about fucking exams
you know my mum did the first HSC in 1968 aprox, and was until about 10 years ago having the occasional nighmare about it!

Abtari

HSC
rofl.. this may sound weirdish, but i keep dreaming about exams and shit, more so after the HSC.. omfg..

..and they're not very pleasant ones either.. running late to an exam by an hour.. not knowing half the stuff in the paper.. forgetting to bring shit.. or just forgetting what i've learned.. i wake up at like 5 am going "oh shit, what's the other point?"..
sooo shite

jaihson

HSC
Yeah Im having dreams about exams as well! I have ones where i get into the exam and i cant answer the questions. Like one was the english extension 1 exam and i opened my paper to see a question with a 4 page stimulus text and then the the phrase "Postmodernism is posh posh posh. Discuss with reference to the provided text"

Timesplitter 01

Lord Timesplitter
HSC
Well done HSC'ers of 2005.

Can I give one piece of advice, just enjoy your self and dont worry about the results because now there is nothing you can do about it. So just have a party and just forget about the results.

Once you get to uni, its like going a 100kph compared to 40kph at high school

Abtari

HSC
Timesplitter 01 said:
Well done HSC'ers of 2005.

Can I give one piece of advice, just enjoy your self and dont worry about the results because now there is nothing you can do about it. So just have a party and just forget about the results.

Once you get to uni, its like going a 100kph compared to 40kph at high school
ur not serious are u? don't tell me uni is like a lot harder than school...i was hoping for a little ease at uni..

HSC
Abtari said:
ur not serious are u? don't tell me uni is like a lot harder than school...i was hoping for a little ease at uni..
Ive heard its so much harder too!! My friend said it was like a years worth of yr 12 into one semester :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)