Post Hsc Formal Xcitement!! (1 Viewer)

schmegg

HSC
i dunno about ur schools, but our formal was post HSC..and in 2 weeks.. just wounering if ur formals were b4 or afta hsc.. n how it was or how u xpect it to b..?

norri

HSC
hmmm..ours was before the hsc.....on september 24th and we had graduation the same day.....i dunno if i would've preferred it after the hsc or wat.....it was pretty good tho.....we're having like another party after the hsc anyways just not as formal and shit....

tennille

HSC
My formal is post- hsc and is in 1 week and 6 days. WOO HOO!!! I'm hoping it to be really fun. 2 of my friends are going to have a dance off and it'll be so funny ;)

piratedebbie

HSC
my formal is in lie........2weeks! ahhhhhh! have ta try and get pretty-is it worth it, meh! umm i am looking very fwd to it yeh , but i dont rally care too much how i end up ooking, im very very comfortable with my whole year, and dont feel i ahve ta prove anything to them, saying tha, i still do want to look pretty tho... its FUN getting pretty-make ya feel spesh :p

tennille

HSC
I think the year 10 formal was the really formal one, with all the puffy dresses, lol. This year is a bit more casual. I just bought a cocktail dress, which was pretty cheap instead of paying like $300 and looks really nice, so I'm happy with my dress.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
yeah yr 10 was heaps formal for our school
but when we went with the outher 2 school they were just casual
so the ppl from my school are all a bit over it and going cocktail
whereas the others are going all out

ours is in 2 weeks i am excited about that
it has creaped up so quickly
but at the same time i don't like it
coz my dad leaves on the sun for 3 months :(

piratedebbie

HSC
yeh im a lot more relaxed about the yr12 formal compared to the yr10 one. no idea why..... i liek my dress tho .. its ver feminine but i could wear it again. not strictly formal

tennille

HSC
same here. Mine is like an apricot colour, and i could wear it again to weddings, other formal celebrations, etc. Hopefully they wont serve crap food at the formal :(

schmegg

HSC
post hsc formal xcitement

yeah i think it being post hsc is bettta.. more like a wow were finished.. but like 6 pplz got expelled from school so like 20 of our grade rnt goin.. it will still b fun tho!!!

tennille

HSC
Yeah, it should be. This is like the final thing. This is IT! Then it's over and we're never going to see some of the people in our grade again. It's so scary, but it is a nice way to complete school. Post- HSC formals are better because you're relaxed and not stressed out about the HSC.

piratedebbie

HSC
haha wel its good mine is post hsc becoz otherewise id be turning up naked!;) naaaa i full didnt have time before the hsc as im a crammer, its more relaxe to have it post hsc... lot more light hearted. we r having ours at a racecourse...interesting, i hope ts prettyed up

piratedebbie

HSC
thats wen mine is toooooooooooooooooooooooooo
so close, i dont even kno wat im doing with HAIR...how to control this mess :confused:

jimmik

HSC
hehehe seems most pplz are havin their formal post-hsc and that's the best i reckon. but ahhh...i hav to get my dress tailored by next monday..i shouldnt hav bought it so early in the year cuz now i hav to take it in >< are u guys doin ur own hair n makeup, im jus wonderin. is it worth it gettin ppl to do ur hair AND makeup? cuz for my yr 10 one i did my own n was ok but not that great so considerin gettin it done but its gonna cost me (and i hav two formals to go to as well so thats twice the cost) *sighz*

norri

HSC
i got my hair done for both my formals.....and yeh it was pretty good...but it cost about 60 bucks each time.....but then again....i'm glad that i got it done coz i wouldn't have been able to do it myself coz my hair's so bloody thick....i did my own make-up tho.....i think its a waste of time paying for someone to do make-up but a lot of my friends did.....

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
im sooo excited about my formal now.. its like the only thing i have to look forward to lol
i think ill just do my own makeup.. in the 30 u pay for someone else to do it, for a bit more u buy your own and can do it yourself 15+ times..
ive got my 2nd last dress fitting sometime this week.. then the last one on friday.. its a baby pink kinda ballgown thing and im having black accessories like a shawl, flower in my hair, shoes and bag
ive booked for a manicure and eyebrow wax.. debating on whether i want to have a spray on tan or not.. and i just need to buy nail polish for the occasion and im done
we are going in limos and everyones coming to my house (18 people, 2 x 10 seater limos) and some of us are going on a cruise that one girl in our grade is organising for the afterparty.. yaaay

HSC
I got mine in 5 days! So exciting, there's 500 of us in the year, each taking 2 people outside of school and all the teachers (about 150) so it'll be massive. I can't wait! Except it's meant to get kinda boring, 2.5 hours of presentations and speeches ... bah! I don't think there'll be enough time to wander around.

Heaps of people are going for photos and drinks at a hotel before so that'll be fun, then straight into town after from about 12 .... EXCELLENT!

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
Ooh, this made me all excited! :) Ours is in 5 days too, on Friday night, the last day of the HSC. We're having it the QVB and since we're a country school (well...an hour and a bit out of Sydney) we all have to stay at hotels in the CBD....YAY!!! I can't wait. I have a cocktail dress as well, I'm over the whole formal thing, so this time I got one that's fun and that I can wear again. And then after that we're all flying out together for schoolies!!!! This is going to be the best 2 weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)