post HSC italian (1 Viewer)

s2ophie

HSC
Who wants to continue studying italian after the HSC? I plan on studying it at uni and hopefully i will get into the course i want to which will mean i will spend a year in italy going to uni there.

Is anyoned defering next year and travelling?

Last edited:

Hottieflossy

my second preference is international studies and in this course i can study both italian and spanish but the UAI is going to be 90+, but i doubt i will get into this course.

arls

Im deferring next year uni, and im going to italy, france, germany, spain, to work and travel and there are stacks of ppl i know (couple of friends, 3 of my cousins, my 2 sisters) who are going overseas for hols/backpacking at some point in the year so im gonna have a ball!! i cant wait to return to beautiful italy... im in love with it! and i hope to work in bars, and pick grapes n stuff to make money.. itl be the bomb!

any1 else been to italy/want to go to Europe etc?

s2ophie

HSC
Originally posted by Hottieflossy
my second preference is international studies and in this course i can study both italian and spanish but the UAI is going to be 90+, but i doubt i will get into this course.
International studies at UNSW???? Thats what i want to do. I suppose you would do the languages stream but i would do the European studies stream. what is your first preference?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah i'd love to study italian next year, i will if i can
Originally posted by arls
any1 else been to italy?
there are stories on that on a past thread...
kakie's story

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
my first preference is interpreting and translating..for spanish, that is.
what do you do with a job in interpreting? who do you interpret for? i have been wondering for a while

arls

sounds pretty exotic.. but yeah.. what is involved apart from translating passages? do you travel n stuff?

s2ophie

HSC
of course you would travel. Imagine if hottiflossy was interpreting for the spanish prime minister (or president i'm not sure!) when he comes to Australia.

And she can interpret for me when i become the Austrlian ambassador to Spain and am still in the process of learning spanish! It would be a very exciting job - it just depends on how far you want to take it. You could be the interpreter that hospitals call when they need someone or you could be the interpreter to a UN official!

arls

wow.. sounds cool.. maybe it will be added to my list of top carriers... Its almost up there with travel jounalism! or entertainment writing, for me that is.

Hottieflossy

my goal is to work as an interpreter/translator for the UN...you can work as an interpreter anywhere, especially here in australia because we are such a multicultural country and there are many job openings for interpreters and translators. i dunno if i would get to travel, i hope i do though...

Hottieflossy

and i guess the money isnt too bad either. we had to get my birth certificate translated from spanish so i could get my Ls and they charged my dad upwards of $300 for just the one sided piece of paper with less than 100 words on it.

arls

wow.... this job is sounding better and better! although ud have to have absolutely PERFECT grammar.. which is definitely a prob for me (example from other thread) I HATE grammar. I wish we could just make up our own grammar, thats what they used to do in Italy.. practically every1 just changed around the endings and rules to suit themselves.. wouldn't that be the most authentic italian? like dialects n everything??? i wish!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
we could have our own dialects!! haha, that would be cool, add in a copule of english words, it would all be good

Hottieflossy

i sort of do that already..if i cant think of the italian word i substitute it with the spanish equivalent...but i certainly cant do this in an exam....can u say auto instead of macchina?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
umm... i would stick with macchina, i wouldn't take the chance, i'm not sure if i have heard it before

Kakie

yeh i also wanna do translating...sophie, which course were you talking about here?

s2ophie: Who wants to continue studying italian after the HSC? I plan on studying it at uni and hopefully i will get into the course i want to which will mean i will spend a year in italy going to uni there.

cos thats the same thing i wanna do..italian french spanish and yiddish will be my majors and minors...

s2ophie

HSC
on the whole macchina/auto thing i would stick with macchina because i'm not too sure.

Kakie, i want to do either Bachelor of International Studies at UNSW in the European studies stream or Bacherlor of Arts (International Relations) at ANU. If i go to UNSW though i will do Italian at Usyd because UNSW doesn't have it.

They are my first two prefernces so what are yours everyone?

Marianna

i sort of do that already..if i cant think of the italian word i substitute it with the spanish equivalent...but i certainly cant do this in an exam....can u say auto instead of macchina?
yes i think auto is a much better choice than macchina... macchina very old

auto is more what they say in italy these days

one FANTASTIC suggestion that I was given in year 12

read, listen, watch anything italian that is RECENT it helps so much you pick up things that are really relevant to today not 20 years ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)