Post-UMAT Thread (1 Viewer)

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Thread to discuss the exam for tomorrow's exam, as requested by si.

fluffchuck

HSC
It wasn't as bad as I expected, but I really don't know how I went

si2136

HSC
N/A
For me personally, I attempted S3, then the rest by the page order. During the reading time, I read all of my S1 and S2 texts, so I have a foundation when I had to read it again. S1 and S2 were straightfoward for me, except there was a few S3 that I didn't get. I'm not sure what my score is, but I guess we'll find out in two months :)))))

theKingPin

HSC
For me personally, I attempted S3, then the rest by the page order. During the reading time, I read all of my S1 and S2 texts, so I have a foundation when I had to read it again. S1 and S2 were straightfoward for me, except there was a few S3 that I didn't get. I'm not sure what my score is, but I guess we'll find out in two months :)))))
How did you read all of S1 and S2 in 10 minutes? What is this saucery, and can it be learned?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
More of a skim read, idk

What did you guys do in the 10 minutes
Solved first 5-10 questions by reading passages and stuff.

God section 3 was insanely hard compared to medentry and acer. Even medentry exam had easier section 3.

So many missing segment that were crazy hard.

Section 2 didn't know what some words meant and couldn't decide between answers.

S1 was ok besides a few like the g1gggbg(GB) one.

spagett

HSC
N/A
Did anyone feel like there was little to no Section one questions that were the type in which you extract information from a body of text? I feel like they were everywhere in the medentry papers but the UMAT only seemed to have problem solving, so I got destroyed in section 1. All i needed was a raw score of over 150 and/or 50 in each section since Im a rural student but even thats looking pretty tough at this point :(.

chickencoop

HSC
No offence but if i get a percentile higher than 30, then y'all have some serious problems

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Did anyone feel like there was little to no Section one questions that were the type in which you extract information from a body of text? I feel like they were everywhere in the medentry papers but the UMAT only seemed to have problem solving, so I got destroyed in section 1. All i needed was a raw score of over 150 and/or 50 in each section since Im a rural student but even thats looking pretty tough at this point :(.

Yeah it was different especially section 3. I'm thankful there wasn't many data extraction for s1 or I would not have finished.

Mach_1

HSC
Am i the only one who found s2 really dodgy. I narrowed the answer options down to 2 and then kidna educated guessed which was right. Other sections were alright, and s3 was fine for the most part except maybe 2 or 3 questions.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Am i the only one who found s2 really dodgy. I narrowed the answer options down to 2 and then kidna educated guessed which was right. Other sections were alright, and s3 was fine for the most part except maybe 2 or 3 questions.
I agree I couldn't decide between two every time. Also wow you must be good at section 3 it was really hard

si2136

HSC
N/A
During practice exams, S3 was straightforward while my S1 lacked due to the scientific ones. During the exam it was totally the opposite. S1 was fine but S3, some I couldn't do.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
During practice exams, S3 was straightforward while my S1 lacked due to the scientific ones. During the exam it was totally the opposite. S1 was fine but S3, some I couldn't do.
1000000% agree

theKingPin

HSC
I found S3 very different to medentry. There were very few "pick the middle" questions (thank god). But the matrix questions were far more common. I had a 4/5 questions I thought were quite difficult, but even for the other ones it was easy to narrow down to 2 options but it was often hard to pick which one is correct out of the two. S2 had quite a few "true/false" table questions which also came down to 2 options quite often. IMO S1 wasn't too bad, although i didn't have much time for the final set (gbggBGbg1 thing).

theKingPin

HSC
Oh that flower thing was trash. It didn't make sense, and it took me some time to even realise the tables had the additive switching from top to bottom. But the answers didn't really make sense. There were actually few questions in the paper that had answers that didn't really fit or make sense or were worded badly. (especially that painful "didn't not do worse than" or whatever question)

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Oh that flower thing was trash. It didn't make sense, and it took me some time to even realise the tables had the additive switching from top to bottom. But the answers didn't really make sense. There were actually few questions in the paper that had answers that didn't really fit or make sense or were worded badly. (especially that painful "didn't not do worse than" or whatever question)
What question was "didn't not do worse than"?

Also yeah I was like wtf these tables are exactly the same but finally realised it was swapped

theKingPin

HSC
What question was "didn't not do worse than"?

Also yeah I was like wtf these tables are exactly the same but finally realised it was swapped
That was at the end of the cancer question I think (the tables comparing 1970's to 2010 cancer detection). I'm not too sure, but I think that was the question. Anyway, the 4 options for the the answer were all in the form of "treatment a didn't do worse than treatment b at procedure a" and it was a pain to figure out all the double negatives.

And I agree with si2136, hopefully we all did well and at least its done and out of the way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)