Post ur IPT Multiple Choice Answers Here (1 Viewer)

M

mizanila1

doesnt q20, D because 1 course cant only have one to one relationship with a textbook? only one textbook to one course?

well I put D coz 1, * cant remember but I saw 1 to many relationship

timmeh041

HSC
Question 14, out of my textbook it says nothing about electromagnetic radiation affecting electromagnetic radiation. The closeest thing to it is that microwaves are line of site.

It does say that twisted copper pairs can get electromagnetic interference.

Also, for a wireless connection (remember wireless is itself electromagnetic radiation) can only get interfernce from another wave of the same frequency. Also rememebr different companies and the government have different spectrums open for use otherwise it is cancelled meaning that any interference expereienced would have to be created by nature, natural "noise" if you will. This natural noise is what can mess up twisted pair.

The above is my logic, which is why i picked (D)

Also for question 17.

CRC doesn't count the number of ones in a packet, it counts the VALUE that they make up. Meaning that if the ones were to change position a different value would be seen.

Thats why I went with (D) for 17

Love to ehar what you guys think.

microcacti

HSC
Q14
Electromagnetic radiation is stuff like microwaves, and what do they say about wireless access points are other electronic devices? Keep them away from each other... So it is still B
Q17
Yes, 17 is D, as I put in my original post.

HSC
Wireless stuff always interferes with other wireless stuff, even when there's no wireless stuff around =/
But yes you are right, it's not in the textbook o_O

As for CRC...damnit, if I didn't waste time yesterday I would have revised my class notes and I would have got it right ><

Paintbrush

HSC
16 or 17 out of 20 haha so much better than I would normally do, but I felt so much better about the rest of the paper than I did with multiple choice.

Last edited:

Sean Spark

HSC
Well, according to the very descriptive answers given here on this forum... I'd average either 19 or 20. 19 because I foolishly chose the wrong Context Diagram... (D) instead of (B) methinks. However, aren't context diagrams by nature meant to be ridiculously simple? That was my logic.

But overall - the easiest MC I've ever done for this topic. Moreover, easiest test I've had so far! :)

timmeh041

HSC
microcacti said:
Q14
Electromagnetic radiation is stuff like microwaves, and what do they say about wireless access points are other electronic devices? Keep them away from each other... So it is still B
Damn, didn't think of that scenario

Wireless stuff always interferes with other wireless stuff, even when there's no wireless stuff around =/
But yes you are right, it's not in the textbook o_O
I think i started trying to rationalise the whole thing with some some crap i learned from phyics. MY whole logic was they have to be similar frequency's to interfer -> peope own certain aspects of the spectrum, there only cable.

Also, like i mentioned before, the wonders that is the holy text (my textbox) only mentioned interference for twisted pair.

F-ing F there is a mark gone.

PS. (F means a naughty word ;) )

HSC
That's okey dude, you still get more marks in MC than me :p

Also, yes you are right that devices are not meant to use the same frequency, however this is actually part of the problem, with all devices generally limited to a certain range, which gets overcrowded.
Or that's the way I think of it anyway =/

Probably a good thing I dropped physics.

Also, I just re-read the question, notice it says "Elecromagnetic Radiation". It doesn't say anything about other devices even interfering with it. When elecromagnetic radiation is mentioned what do you think of? It should be something big, like a very big solar flare from the sun, sending excessive radiation to Earth, and you always hear on the news when this happens that wireless networks across the planet are experiencing problems, etc.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
That's okey dude, you still get more marks in MC than me :p

Also, yes you are right that devices are not meant to use the same frequency, however this is actually part of the problem, with all devices generally limited to a certain range, which gets overcrowded.
Or that's the way I think of it anyway =/

Probably a good thing I dropped physics.

Also, I just re-read the question, notice it says "Elecromagnetic Radiation". It doesn't say anything about other devices even interfering with it. When elecromagnetic radiation is mentioned what do you think of? It should be something big, like a very big solar flare from the sun, sending excessive radiation to Earth, and you always hear on the news when this happens that wireless networks across the planet are experiencing problems, etc.
Electromagnetic Radiation consists mainly of:

Radio
Microwave
Infrared
Visible light
Ultraviolet
Gamma

timmeh041

HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
Then are my assumptions incorrect?
No, you are right. Solar flares cause electromagnetic radiation across all wavelengths.

But refering back to what i said earlier, since it is companies who own specturms, it is painfully obvious that they have to code in some methods or algorithms in order to avoid interfering withother devices on a similar wavelength.

Futhermore, as far as i was concerned, if it was natural interfernce then it is just susceptible to wireless as it is to cable - especially since most of the textbooks out there (all the ones i have seen) only meantion any type of electromagnetic interferance occurs with twisted pair.

I really think it was stupid on BoS's part to ask a question which required some knowledge of probability of an event without actually saying anything about it in the sylbus (from what i have seen, if i am wrong i would love to see it).

I guess all this typing is making me look like a tool, lol.

One other question i am dying to know. Question 12 i think with the large flat file and the SQL.

Why is it possible to run an SQL query on a single table in a relationsional database but not able to run a query on a single table from a flat file. It boggles my mind, essentially they are both searching a single table. I asked my Dad about it aswell (he has worked with databases for 25 odd years and is currently managing the NSW area Health systems, so he knows his shit) and he says that it can, and he has been using it for years. Just interesting to know.

Don't you wish you can discuss/argue with the BoS over asnwers like you could with your teachers?

HSC
timmeh041 said:
I really think it was stupid on BoS's part to ask a question which required some knowledge of probability of an event without actually saying anything about it in the sylbus (from what i have seen, if i am wrong i would love to see it).

I guess all this typing is making me look like a tool, lol.
Nah nah mate, I talk about this type of thing - BoS making idiotic questions - all the time, and believe me, if I was in your position, I'd be bitching even more. As I have most certainly done in this or another thread :)

timmeh041 said:
One other question i am dying to know. Question 12 i think with the large flat file and the SQL.

Why is it possible to run an SQL query on a single table in a relationsional database but not able to run a query on a single table from a flat file. It boggles my mind, essentially they are both searching a single table. I asked my Dad about it aswell (he has worked with databases for 25 odd years and is currently managing the NSW area Health systems, so he knows his shit) and he says that it can, and he has been using it for years. Just interesting to know.
I agree. I was just talking to my friend from school (whos second to me in IPT in our class), and he said that it must be SQL, because without SQL, there is no other way to extract data from a flat-file database.
And by god, this is one hell of a point that he made, I don't know why I didn't think of it =/
Also, I went through the relevant section in the Excel book, and it made no specific connection between SQL and Relational DBMS.
So my faith in my answer for question 12 has been restored, regardless of what anyone says.

timmeh041 said:
Don't you wish you can discuss/argue with the BoS over asnwers like you could with your teachers?
Because we would kill them.

"YOU M************, MY F****** DEAD GRANDMOTHER CAN WRITE BETTER PAPERS AND SYLLABUSES THAN YOU, YOU FAT PIECES OF **** etc, etc, etc".

Or at least that's what I would do, in regards to the computing courses. IPT is actually not too bad, all of the stuff in it is very relevant, especially the two core topics.

Last edited:

titaned

HSC
My understanding is that Flat-file relates to MS Excell and Relational MS Access.
And to my knowledge Excell doesnt have sql and Access does
Thats what i based my answere on.

fatkids

HSC
Its not possible to "run a report" without doing an SQL query to filter the data. That's what I rekon.

HSC
Flat-File relates to Excell no less than ooCalc.

Flat-File systems were not originally developed for Excell, they must have some other efficient means of dealing with data.

titaned

HSC
When can we find out the correct answere? is there somewhere we can go to find out?

(Fck the System is G@Y)

BTW. this is a sylabus point "selecting data from a relational database using sql commands"

Last edited:

lilkev161

HSC
fatkids said:
Its not possible to "run a report" without doing an SQL query to filter the data. That's what I rekon.
Yea thats wat i based my answer on!

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
I'm pretty sure 12 is A. Every year so far they've had 5 A answers, 5 B answers, 5 C answers and 5 D answers and for 12 not to be A they'd only have 4 As.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)