• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

post-VSU ideas (1 Viewer)

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
The unibar will not shut down.

If the hippies at WUSA tell you that, and your bullshit detector doesn't go off the charts, you should report for a post-natal abortion. We don't need gullable hippies polluting our gene pool. :)

I might be willing to pay the $120 for the premium service, it looks good. It'll also make them accountable.

HSC
Incidentally, where do things like childcare, etc. fall? I'm a bit confused, nothing listed in Premium level there really interests me, but providing sensible spending was assured I'd probably be inclined to put money towards essential services.

Unless such things fall under basic services, I'd like to see a "no fucking around" membership level, one which doesn't earn you the leper status which I'm sure will come with the free level, but at the same time ensures that your contributions towards essential services are acknowledged.

To clarify, I just think the gap between the basic and premium membership at this stage seems somewhat extreme. Under this, choosing between one or the other I'd be inclined to go for the free, when in reality I'm most happy to remain a paying member as long as the money isn't pissed away as we've seen previously. Does it really need to be the "all or nothing" scenario which we're presented with?

Last edited:

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
Incidentally, where do things like childcare, etc. fall? I'm a bit confused, nothing listed in Premium level there really interests me, but providing sensible spending was assured I'd probably be inclined to put money towards essential services.
they are still working out what they can do with child care.

but yeah, the money does go towards child care.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Is there a level where you pay for no essential services but pay for every unessential service?

ben_jones

HSC
N/A
VSU Bad

poloktim said:
The unibar will not shut down.

If the hippies at WUSA tell you that, and your bullshit detector doesn't go off the charts, you should report for a post-natal abortion. We don't need gullable hippies polluting our gene pool. :)

I might be willing to pay the $120 for the premium service, it looks good. It'll also make them accountable.

Speaking as an ex-President of WUSA. The UniBar will not close down. Things will however cost you 52/40ths of what it currently costs. Eg Childcare. I spoke at length with Nigel Pennington (General Manager UniCentre) last year and he told me that if we didn't give UniCentre money, then they would close down the 40 week per year service and charge for the whole year. If students want their kid to keep a spot then they would have to foot the 52 week bill. I called his bluff and they didn't do it but they will under VSU. They will only support profitable ventures so no more clubs and socs, no more subsidised child care, no more subsidised food on campus. Everything for profit.

Welcome to my hippy rant.

Ben Jones

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)