• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Post your complete UAC Preferences (2 Viewers)

S

Shuter

jasee said:
Now now, play friendly :p.

Yes, the BBus/BComp course is run at the City campus. As for transferring, you will have to apply through UAC again after your first year, so you have to compete with next year's applicants again. If you don't meet the UAI then you will have to get good marks at uni to try and boost up your UAI.

It is harder to transfer from BBus/BComp to BBus than it is to transfer to BScIT (for obvious reasons).
That's not what the UAC book says:

UAC 2004 Guide said:
Current UTS students wanting to apply to another UTS undergraduate course must apply via UAC, the exceptions include:

1. Add/withdraw BA International Studies
2. Current UTS students in the faculties of Business, Law, Humanities and Social Sciences and Education wanting to transfer to a course within their existing facility.
3. Current UTS students wanting to withdraw from a part of a combined course.
4. Courses not offered via UAC
ANd no need to worry Donshe, my UAI is below yours, so I won't effect you.

Jezzabelle

Donshe said:
Sure about the transfers?

2 women told me Id have to go thru UAC today.

One was from Biz other from IT
yeh, i got told at wollongong and usyd dont be fooled, you have to go thru uac and then you'll be competing with everyone else.. go back into 'the uac pool' as they like to call it

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Shuter said:
That's not what the UAC book says:

I know the UAC book says that, and it is true, but it only applied to SOME combined degree's and SOME facilties. Eg. dropping from BScIT/LLB to just BScIT and some other courses in other faculties.

The BBus/BComp course is run by the Faculty of IT and the BBus is obviously run by the Faculty of Business. You cannot internally course transfer within faculties so you will have to go through UAC again. The IT faculty, itself, doesn't allow any internal course transfers within its courses either (though some faculties do), so you will have to go through UAC even if you wanted to drop down to BScIT (especially since they are different courses). The only exception in the IT faculty is for adding/dropping industrial training and international studies.

Hope this clears things up.

Note: The above statement in italics may not be entirely true. It has been brought to my attention that it could be possible to do a combined Business degree, such as BBus/BComp, and then internally transfer down into BBus. As for dropping down to the BScIT, I doubt you can do this internally and you will most likely have to do it through UAC. Anyways, what I'm trying to say is, those of you that do want to try and transfer after first year into the BBus single degree, try an internal course transfer and see how you go, because it could get accepted, as has happened to some people this year.

Last edited:
S

Shuter

Hmm, this does raise further questions for me though of would I prefer to do Business/Comp at City and *possibly* risk having to do an extra year, or if I'd rather just go Kuringai and do business. You said I can attend lectures at city but tutorials have to be at Kuringai, what sort of hours per week would I have of each? And with transfering via UAC from Bus/Comp to strait business, after the first year I would qualify for transfer into the second year of business (thus easier to do) wouldn't I? Or is it because the subjects are split 50/50% I have a fair bit of catch up work on Business still to do?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
"You said I can attend lectures at city but tutorials have to be at Kuringai, what sort of hours per week would I have of each?"

Have a look at the First Year Business Overview thread that I made in the UTS forum. It covers the number of hours for each subject. Usually it will be around 12-14 hours per week. Some tutorials usually don't have attendance, so you can actually attend any of them (even the City ones), especially after Week 1 or 2 when half the students don't go to their non-compulsory ones. Some subjects have compulsory tutorials where you have to hand in work, so for those ones you'll have to go to your tutorials. Sometimes exams are run in lectures as well, so you'll need to check that too.

"And with transfering via UAC from Bus/Comp to strait business, after the first year I would qualify for transfer into the second year of business (thus easier to do) wouldn't I? Or is it because the subjects are split 50/50% I have a fair bit of catch up work on Business still to do?"

You will obviously transfer over the 4 Business core subjects you do (so thats half a year). Depending on whether you want to do an IT major or sub-major as part of your second major in the BBus, you may be able to transfer over your other subjects too. There is usually a limit to how many subjects you can transfer over sometimes, but since this is technically an internal course transfer still (same uni), it is usually fine for any subjects you want to transfer over.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
1. Asian Studies/Law @ ANu
2. Asian Studies/Arts @ ANU

Lainee

HSC
For me:

1. Combined Law @ USYD
2. Combined Law @ UNSW
3. Business/Law @ UTS

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
Lainee said:
For me:

1. Combined Law @ USYD
2. Combined Law @ UNSW
3. Business/Law @ UTS
ooooooooo this will be tight for usyd. will you get flexible entry? i dont know if they do that for law. youd get unsw and uts for sure though.

good luck

Lainee

HSC
I was accepted for Broadway - so crossing my fingers it doesn't go up from last year's 98.45 cutoff. Only around 20 Broadway places for law. That means if half the people who got 99.55 also got Broadway... it'll have to be UNSW for me.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
Lainee said:
I was accepted for Broadway - so crossing my fingers it doesn't go up from last year's 98.45 cutoff. Only around 20 Broadway places for law. That means if half the people who got 99.55 also got Broadway... it'll have to be UNSW for me.
ohhhhhhhhh!!!!! good luck!

either way they are both good courses. ive heard unsw is actually better than usyd for law

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
1. B Ed (Primary) @ USYD
2. B Ed (Primary) @ ACU
3. B Ed (Early Childhood Education) @ MQ
4. B Arts Dip Ed @ MQ
5. B Ed (Primary) @ UTS
6. B Teaching/B Arts @ ACU
7. B Early Childhood Studies (Child and Family) @ UWS
8. B Arts @ UWS

after number 3 they r just there to look pretty..
but yeh i should get into one of my top three (i doubt early childhood ed will jump up 5 points)

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
1 511770 Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science at University of Sydney

2 425021 Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science at University of New South Wales

3 511733 Bachelor of Engineering (Mechatronic) (Space) at University of Sydney

4 511730 Bachelor of Engineering (Mechatronic) at University of Sydney

5 425012 Bachelor of Engineering (Aero/Manuf/Mech/Naval Arch/Mechatronic) at University of New South Wales

6 512042 Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics) at University of Sydney

7 512041 Bachelor of Science (Advanced) at University of Sydney

8 429013 Bachelor of Science (Advanced Science) at University of New South Wales

9 512040 Bachelor of Science at University of Sydney

Oh Yeah:uhhuh:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
lukebennett said:
ohhhhhhhhh!!!!! good luck!

either way they are both good courses. ive heard unsw is actually better than usyd for law
Really depends on what you're combining it with...

timrie6

HSC
N/A
Combined Law Degree Program at University of Newcastle

Bachelor of Arts at University of Sydney

Bachelor of Arts at University of Newcastle

Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communications) at University of Sydney

Bachelor of International Studies at University of Sydney

Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws at University of New England

Last edited:

Ziff

HSC
N/A
1. Arts/Law at ANU
2. Arts (International Relations) at ANU
3. Arts at ANU
4. Arts/Law at UOW
5. Arts at UOW

schmeichung

HSC
1. Commerce@UNSW
2. Actuarial Studies & Applied Finance@MACQ
3. Economics@UNSW
4. Commerce@USYD
5. Accounting & Applied Finance@MACQ
6. Software ENG@UNSW
7. Actuarial Studies@ANU

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
1. Bachelor of med science
2. Bachelor of science (adv)
3. Bachelor of science
4. Bachelor of oral health

all at Sydney Uni

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
four-two six-thousand is all i want. fcuk everything else. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)