Post your exam thoughts and timetable here! (1 Viewer)

pizzaman57

Insert Custom Title Here
HSC
Shuter said:
Who are you pizzaman since you're in B Bus/B Comp?
My names Navik...i'm the curry dude who had the laptop at the couches in building 1 this morning before the exam... :D

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
I havent started studying for BLE, done a bit for acctg, I don't reckon it will be too bad.

S

Shuter

pizzaman57 said:
My names Navik...i'm the curry dude who had the laptop at the couches in building 1 this morning before the exam... :D
Oh so you were sitting directly opposite me lol.

Accounting will probably be easy to pass, difficult to do really well. I think they want everyone to pass because there's too many damn people in accounting they don't want anyone back again.

pizzaman57

Insert Custom Title Here
HSC
Shuter said:
I think they want everyone to pass because there's too many damn people in accounting they don't want anyone back again.
yeah true, and although m/c isn't always a piece of cake, at least you've got a 1 in 4 chance of gettin it right :p

S

Shuter

pizzaman57 said:
yeah true, and although m/c isn't always a piece of cake, at least you've got a 1 in 4 chance of gettin it right :p
I believe it's 1 in 5 this time.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
golly! FOP1 was so shit today....boooohooooo

i had to sit in front :( gahhhh damn table 160

anyways next exam is on the 20th

Riewe

HSC
Maths for physical science on thursday night followed up with physical chem on friday morning. I don't know how much more f'd you can get (by the time i get home, i'll be asleep, then i've got to wake up in the wee hours of the morning).

That is the only problem i am facing, with the other 2 spread out over the next couple of weeks.

Zhang San Feng

护花使者
HSC
dark`secrets said:
golly! FOP1 was so shit today....boooohooooo

i had to sit in front :( gahhhh damn table 160

anyways next exam is on the 20th
i agree it was the worst exam ever....i hate u jenny!!!

i was table 7... but of the TCM ppl...

sigh...exam on 15th >.< then on 17th....

Logistics

HSC
Purp|e said:
3hour maths exam + 3 hour physics exam same day = sad panda. :(:(:(

What makes it worse is that we have Physics in morning & maths at night, that sux.

I just finished going through 2 maths exams, I sort of feeling consident that I can pass it.

But physics spent 2 full days on it, no hopes but I'll give it my best, try to copy from some1 next to me and hope to get that min 40% :)

If they didnt have a minimum required in the exam I would pass easily Physics since I already have 42% :p

pizzaman57

Insert Custom Title Here
HSC
ok mabye this technically isn't the right place to post this (seeing as its exam thoughts and all) but i was wondering how everyone who's doin Information Systems Principles is studying for the exam...coz the textbook seems to be totally useless...should we jus be studying the lecture notes?
Thanks in Advanced

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
ISP exam is more about taking what you learn and applying it to the questions. In my opinion, I don't find textbooks in subjects like that all too useful, but if you have the time, then read it. Well basically, if you can understand it from the lectures, then its fine, otherwise read the textbook for the relevant chapters.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I've had 2 exams so far. ABC was alright. MDC was hard =\. 2 more to go!

monzi

HSC
Mehh

Economics was the best exams I had in first year. I ended up getting 89 for it. Even though the lecturer wasn't that good. I loved the Microeconomic Bits of it. - Loved Perfect Competition, Monopoly, Oligoply etc. Monetary Policy was good as well.

Well today I did my International Business Exam. WHAT A JOKE..It wasn't that hard because I did all the readings, but the multiple choice were stupid. SO STUPID he pulls them out of his ass or something. He told us to study a Country so I studied China, Japan, America etc whoever Australia had a free trade agreement with and who they were doing feasibility studies on. And the moron didn't even put any of it in the exam not even the multiple choice.

I ended up writing two essays on Multinationals in foreign countries - Are they ethical or not? and Why do companies trade. God I just want a Credit or even a distinction for that subject.

Business law and ethics was SO EASY! Common bloody sense. 'What are the duties of the directors in a company'? Errrr Right easy 5 marks.

I have one more subject to go, and then I'm going on holidays. See you all next semester.

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC
jasee said:
ISP exam is more about taking what you learn and applying it to the questions. In my opinion, I don't find textbooks in subjects like that all too useful, but if you have the time, then read it. Well basically, if you can understand it from the lectures, then its fine, otherwise read the textbook for the relevant chapters.
HAHAHAHA. *burns ISP and the associated lectu..*

That test was ever so stupid. I mean (or rather I hope) I didn't fail but the information passed on to us to what was in the exam was ALL irrelevant. I don't know if she did it on purpose or what, but she literally waste hundreds of hours for everyone (combined). She told us to study 6 bloody articles which are like 50 pages or something together and not one question appeared in the exam on them. She told us there were multiple choice questions, yet there were true/false ones (I guess they count, but some questions weren't even part of what we learnt) e.g. Star topology (and I'll probably get the components one wrong because of them being pedantic idiots and saying not all components were listed, though its technically correct). Luckily you could use common sense, but it is unfair because it is not part of any or even close to the material we are given/allocated. Also, there are numerous things which we were told were gonna be in the exam e.g. know the Spiral Model, know the CARS checklist, Venn diagrams, SDLC diagram and etc. NONE of that was in it despite the lecturers saying they would be. On top of that, we were told to bring a calculator and there weren't any calculation questions.

The marks for some questions were so unevenly allocated its not funny. I don't know how you can possibly write even 4 or 5 marks worth for 6 mark questions.

Basically, this is what I take away from ISP: many hours wasted in attending lectures, tutors and doing assignments not even related to the subject, no real knowledge to actually apply or even model such systems correctly (not that I'd ever want to - I was probably turned off, along with every other person doing the subject, at its stupidity.), and probably decreased social welfare (buying of the textbook in which I literally only read about 3 pages of which were actually useful and relating to the lecture notes.

(Also, did anyone realise on last years paper, in one of the questions it says "the authors described their framework with the aid of a diagram" yet the diagram is not the authors, rather its from other sources/people?).

Anyway, I'm glad all my exams are over. Only ISP gave me the $hits. Every other exam was wonderful, or at least you could PROPERLY study the content just using either lecture notes, or a textbook. I would have thought I'd be heaps happy after ISP was complete, but seeing the irresponsibility and immoral problems associated with the subject, I just have this feeling they'll probably find some magical way to fail me or something.

Edit: Spelling

Last edited:

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Oh the joys of ISP :p. Good luck with your mark. Hopefully you learnt some lessons from doing that subject though. Mainly, that most IS subjects are BS and for most IT subjects, you can very much get away without the textbook.

S

Shuter

ragnarok said:
This is correct. I attended 3 lectures total I believe. My properly reaserched and logical assignment 1 only got 15.5/20, which my wacky way out there make up alot of stuff (not based on ANY lecture teachings) assignment 2 got 21.7/25 = HD.

Thanks to my bullshitting skills, I should be able to leave this subject with a D or HD, however I realise how little that grade is actually worth..... luckaly the employers don't.

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Isnt like Accounting for Business the easiest exam ever? He practically tells you what is in it. And I agree ISP is a waste of time, but just wait till Systems Modelling.... The worst subject in the history of computing...

Good Luck boys and girls

Enjoy your holidays and live your life (i.e. go out and get plastered)

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
lol
i had Mulitple choice questions that are worth 1/2mark each.

That's so odd for me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)