• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Post Your Half-yearly Mark (1 Viewer)

Budz

HSC
Got my mark bak today
47/50
not bad, highest in my school, mean was 30.5 so i guess it was an easy exam
but yer i think it was a fluke
94% wish i get that in the HSC
Do you think its harder to get 94/100 or 47/50

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
24.5/65. lol we all sucked so we got scaled up and i ended up with 65%. i came equal 9th. :)

04er

HSC
Budz said:
Got my mark bak today
47/50
not bad, highest in my school, mean was 30.5 so i guess it was an easy exam
but yer i think it was a fluke
94% wish i get that in the HSC
Do you think its harder to get 94/100 or 47/50
94. Because for maths ext 1 i got 47 for exam and 48 for assessments and final hsc mark was 48. Whereas if it had been 94 for exam and 96 for assessments my hsc mark would've been 95. So it's a matter of which one gives you favourable rounding-off.

Will Hunting

HSC
04er said:
94. Because for maths ext 1 i got 47 for exam and 48 for assessments and final hsc mark was 48. Whereas if it had been 94 for exam and 96 for assessments my hsc mark would've been 95. So it's a matter of which one gives you favourable rounding-off.
That's a good point. When you mention internal assessment marks, do you mean the moderated figures (whether or not you ever become privy to these, I'm not certain), or the raw marks before moderation? I ask because I'm under the impression mean HSC marks are taken from your exam marks and your moderated assessment marks.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
94 can be as low as 93.5, while 47 can be as low as (46.5)*2=93

Anthrax

HSC
N/A
around 35% - 33.5/95

highest was 83/95

i'm guessing i came 75/80-90 people

i think i CAN do better. just need some effort, or something to make me pass at least.

cant wait to tell my parents :(
:chainsaw:

bEAbEA

HSC
51/65 - I was happy with it, just under 80%
Highest was 64/65 - but no-one else got close to that.
I think I came 5th or 6th

dead

HSC
i only got 42/66 :(
i was disappointed, i stuffed up in the MC. IF anybody has any idea, can they plz tell me how much these marks will affect me in the HSC?

Pace_T

HSC
umm ask ur teacher what the weighting for the exam was (usually for half yearlies its 20%)
so say u get 63%, that's 63% of 20% of ur internal assessment mark. that is 12.6%.
so say if u get 100% in all ur assessments and 63% in this half yearly, then ur internal assessment will add up to 92.6% (i think thats right lol)
then u do ur external assessment, ie, the hsc exam, and then u get the average of both of them. so it won't really affect u that much..
its totally overrated because people reflect these marks with what they think they will get in the hsc (which is totally understandable) so that's why they are pissed off with some of their marks.
correct me if im wrong, someone
thanx

04er

HSC
Will Hunting said:
That's a good point. When you mention internal assessment marks, do you mean the moderated figures (whether or not you ever become privy to these, I'm not certain), or the raw marks before moderation? I ask because I'm under the impression mean HSC marks are taken from your exam marks and your moderated assessment marks.
Yes, I was referring to 'moderated assessment marks'. You receive these when you receive your HSC marks. Note that the schools cannot give you your final raw internal assessment mark - even though you can easily calculate it by simply adding all your assessment marks for a particular subject according to the weighting accorded to each. Yes, you are correct that the HSC mark for a subject is the mean of your HSC exam mark and your moderated assessment mark.

lfc_reds2003

i am currentyl sitting up top on 95%

exam mark was 62/70 which was equal top
the exam marking got pretty picky so just good for experience
100% in my prac hence i am outright leader heheheh

Libbster

HSC
97% (58 out of 60) 1st. However, I would like to exclaim Argh! lol I could have got 98% but of course, I had to cross out the right in answer in multiple choice and replace it with the wrong one! :rolleyes: Typical exam induced brain explosion lol

04er

HSC
Wow congratulations Aural_Sax05 and Libbster! :) Very impressive marks! I received 92 for all my internal Chemistry exams, but 95 in the HSC because it was easier. I hope that's what you find as well!

rama_v

HSC
I got 91%, it was an easy test I lost marks due to silly errors (like not reading the question correctly lol)...that was the top mark. Second was 89%

ishq

brown?
HSC
rama_v said:
I got 91%, it was an easy test I lost marks due to silly errors (like not reading the question correctly lol)...that was the top mark. Second was 89%
I lost all my marks in the practical. It was worth as much as the theory. Nothing was wrong with the my practical itself, but our supervisor cut marks off for
a) Holding the acid too close to your body (2 marks)
b) Taking off the safety glasses for one millisecond (1 mark)
c) Pouring the solution aove eye level (1 mark)

Does anybody's school have such a marking criteria?

Trev

stix
HSC
ishq said:
I lost all my marks in the practical. It was worth as much as the theory. Nothing was wrong with the my practical itself, but our supervisor cut marks off for
a) Holding the acid too close to your body (2 marks)
b) Taking off the safety glasses for one millisecond (1 mark)
c) Pouring the solution aove eye level (1 mark)

Does anybody's school have such a marking criteria?
Hmm, no. The teachers at our school don't really watch you when you are doing your practical exams, so all the stupid things I do during prac's go unnoticed, so no marks are taken away! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)