dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
doesnt graphic calculators cost heaps? *shrudders

Beaker

They are I think 100 odd as mentioned..

They are a big plus.

I find them most useful because of the 7 line or whatever display so you can look above and see your last problem/working out.

and it solves simultaneous equations instantely and the statistics feature is great.. still you can't rely on it. just helps with time and efficiency.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Alexander
Does anyone here use a graphics calculator, because my textbook doesnt shut up about the wonders of it...just wondering if it's as good as it says it is???
personally i prefered my regular old scientific calculator, although we used the graphics ones occasionally in class...very fun for drawing boobies on, according to the guys
for it to be of any benefit, you have to be really good at using them
for g. maths they can be used, but not for any other level.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Beaker
They are I think 100 odd as mentioned..

They are a big plus.

I find them most useful because of the 7 line or whatever display so you can look above and see your last problem/working out.

and it solves simultaneous equations instantely and the statistics feature is great.. still you can't rely on it. just helps with time and efficiency.
yeah, its no use buying a graphic calculator for general maths, its like ur only gonna utilise 0.000000000001% of its full capacity. :D

Channy

ay guys just a general question if any one out der has books or programs dat can assist me with general maths would be great im lookn for some extra help

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
My school let us borrow the graphic calculators, but i found during last years HSC exam, that they weren't needed. They exam is designed to that people who don't have graphic calculators are no disadvantaged, which is fair enough, cause not everyone can afford them.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
for g. maths they can be used, but not for any other level.
The only year 12 courses in all of Australia that disallow them are Mathematics (NSW), Extension 1 Mathematics (NSW), and Extension 2 Mathematics (NSW).

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
The only year 12 courses in all of Australia that disallow them are Mathematics (NSW), Extension 1 Mathematics (NSW), and Extension 2 Mathematics (NSW).
yeah, well im only referring to NSW, theres only a very select few that view these pages from interstate.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
haha, true that- in melbourne they allow them to use graphic calculators. :D

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
The more calculators the better, incase one suddenly decides to die. lol.

MouNtY

i have two of the normal fx82tl calcs. i just thought that the graphics one was too xpensive for sumtin dat i'll only eva use a couple of times. But i was full spuin' at the thought of being the only person not to have one, but if it's tru that the test was created so that no one is at a disadvantage weo den thats alright

1985guy

HSC
what if a question asks for the mode of a set of scores and there are three modes. Do we take an average of the modes or do we list the modes and say it is tri-modal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)