POST your SOC&CULT Trial MARKS HERE! (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by young_gurl
do u guys think S&C is hard?
no, didn't really studied it, and recieved good marks. :)

krissy7685

i think alot of people choose it because they think it is heaps easy... but really it isnt as easy as everyone makes it out to be!
Especially with the pip. I can honestly say i did alot of work this year to get my assessment mark (87).. its hard and easy at the same time.. i think it should be a higher scaled subject.. but thats my opinion.. i also think some parts of it are extremely easy

young_gurl

yeah why did u chose to do S&C??...I did it cause a teacher had suggested it to me and i was thinking bout doing social work or teaching! I sorta knew about the PIP ..OH gosh how did u find the PIP? What was urs on anyway?....Mine was on Acne and how it efects teenagers social lives...it was pretty kool too!...well im hoping for a band 5/6...did u got to any lectures for ur PIP in the city?..

krissy7685

I Choose to do sac cos i thought it would be interesting and different... im a humanities girl.. and made a big mistake last year doing like bio and maths! YUCK

the pip was like stressing me OUT THE WHOLE YEAR.. until like it was due.. i felt like somethign weighing me down... so glad its over..
weird i had a dream about sac last nite i got like 89 for my HSC mark and i was really dissapointed cos i wanted to be in the paper.... I really want 90.. just 90.. to get my name in the paper. hahah ,... i feel like a looser..

my pip was on smoking and coronary heart disease...

i wish i'd gone to the lectures in the city.. i didnt know they had any...

acne on teens.,. thats a excelletn topic.. what was ur overall conclusion of ur topic?

young_gurl

I had a dream i got my UAI last night and it was 36 OMG it was the worst dream ever!...

Yeah well i hope you do get a good mark for SAC cos like when i went to these lectures this guy who did his PIP the (a month b4 its due date) got a band 6 and he was talking about his experiences! And ild really like to talk about my PIP too one day..! You get to be in the paper?...! My brother did S&C and he came top 10% in the state!

Do you smoke ..is that why u wanted to do a PIP on smoking?! What did u find out?

Well my PIPs cross cultural comparrison was girls experiences with acne compared to boys! I found that boys suffer from sever acne however they didnt really care as much about their appearacnes as much as girls did, and their cases where mild comapred to boys, this was due to a number of influences but i focused on the Media/peers i did a little case report of Cameron Diaz you know how shes got acne?...
My teacher wasnt going to let me do it cause of the ethical concerns like going up to sum1 saying " hey u got pimples can i interview u ?" its kinda insulting but so many people were willing to help me so that was good!

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
HUmanities Rock!! WHy do we need to learn maths wen theres CALCULATORS ! hehee..
You cannot possibly do some maths with a calculator. For example, factorisation, differentiation, integration......

krissy7685

im sorry i hafta say i'd rather know more about life and history and stuff thats relevant.. than having to do calculations.. which u will only really need to do in tax returns and IF u decide to go into accounting etc etc

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
yeah well besides that but why wuld u need to do all that for ??
You need to apply calculus to the physic world. Therefore you need to know how differentiation/integration work.

Why are you people so narrow minded. I mean i could argue both way, why do you need to know the history of something, for instant, WWI and WWII.... that's the PAST! what we need to focus on is the future.

So stop being so stubborn. Gosh...I thought you guys are doing Society and Culture. Where is your Social and Cultural Literacy??

young_gurl

Well in society there are different types of people that like different kinds of things and have different views about things eg MATHS!!...Plus its interesting to learn about the past because without the past how can we have the future??! or learn from our mistakes??...Even maths has something to do with ancient history did u know that the Egyptians were first to come up with ways to measure things!

Bigmoon

For my trial i only got 71% and lost my 1st place in the class! I am the only boy in my class and so it was good to be at the top. I had fun though surrounded by 18 girls and a female teacher!
I wish i had studied instead of having the confidence where u think its too easy, lol.

Ciao

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Well in society there are different types of people that like different kinds of things and have different views about things eg MATHS!!...Plus its interesting to learn about the past because without the past how can we have the future??! or learn from our mistakes??...Even maths has something to do with ancient history did u know that the Egyptians were first to come up with ways to measure things!

Yes yes, I am not saying that you shouldn't try a diversity of things, but the way you guys were trivialising mathmatics, I am not impressed. I could argue the way you do
Well in society there are different types of people that like different kinds of things and have different views about things eg HISTORY!!...

I don't go around posting messages about how history are useless and that, maybe you should considering about stopping posting ethnocentric thoughts about mathematics. Thank you very much.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Well, Maths is harder than Society and Culture. It's undeniable. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)