Poster and Promotion... advice? (1 Viewer)

goosiegoo

HSC
Hey guys,
I've recently changed my i.p. to poster and promotion (from performance) and i have a few questions regarding poster and promotion. My school doesn't tend to do poster and promotion usually, so i rarely hear about it and don't have many examples to go off.

So, for starters... Am i correct in thinking i'm only supposed to do 1 poster? Not... say, 3 inter-linking posters? :p I know the requirements state ou have to make 'a poster' but does anyone ever do more? I assume not...

How many pages would you say is usually expected for the program? If we make up our own theatre company, what does the profile of it include?

I'll probably think of more questions later. Thanks in advance for your help!

HSC
OK. Three posters - like a triptych? Maybe, but not recommended. The requirements state that any other material, other than that which is required, will be disregarded and not marked.

For the program, it all depends on what Theatre Company you choose. Remember, there are four sides to every A4 page. therefore, the number of pages has to be divisible by four (common-sense) Belvoir St Theatre has ~44 A6 pages (11 four-sided A5 pages). STC has less (~20 or so, i'm not quite sure), but is bigger ~ A4.5 if there is such a thing.

WHen making your own theatre company, maybe mirror an exsisting one, like STC, Belvoir, Riverside, Seymour Centre... ... ...

Good luck, and hope you get it all done in time!

Cheers,
Glenn.Saunders (formerly MKZaa)

goosiegoo

HSC
Glenn.Saunders said:
OK. Three posters - like a triptych? Maybe, but not recommended. The requirements state that any other material, other than that which is required, will be disregarded and not marked.

For the program, it all depends on what Theatre Company you choose. Remember, there are four sides to every A4 page. therefore, the number of pages has to be divisible by four (common-sense) Belvoir St Theatre has ~44 A6 pages (11 four-sided A5 pages). STC has less (~20 or so, i'm not quite sure), but is bigger ~ A4.5 if there is such a thing.

WHen making your own theatre company, maybe mirror an exsisting one, like STC, Belvoir, Riverside, Seymour Centre... ... ...

Good luck, and hope you get it all done in time!

Cheers,
Glenn.Saunders (formerly MKZaa)
So... no for the 3 posters. Hehe.

Anyway, thanks for the help! I must right that all down in my log book. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)