Postgraduate @ UTS (1 Viewer)

sauce2k

HSC
Hi Everyone,

woah its been awhile since ive been to boredofstudies site. haha brought back some good memories!

Anyway I graduated from UNSW in August last year and I decided to do postgraduate studies recently. Unfortunately I couldnt apply for UNSW and USYD because their application closed really early. So i applied for UTS and got 2 offers (Marketing and Finance) and I decided to choose Finance. What really concerns me is that I have been going through a few forums and threads and people dont generally like business school @UTS. Is it really bad? I mean in terms of future career do companies prefer those who graduated from UNSW and USYD more than those graduated from UTS?

Has anyone done/doing postgraduate studies (finance) at UTS at the moment??

PLEASE HELP! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

sauce2k

HSC
and also if i do wish to transfer to UNSW or Usyd after one semester what are the requirements? DN average?High credit? thx

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
sorry for slow response- you really should edit your own post rather than replying since it makes the thread look likes it's been responded to!

I have met people who have done post grad biz at UTS and they didn't seem to mind it too much. TBH I think all the major unis are quite the same in that there's always ups and downs, and it depends on at what stage you are when you are asked the question as to whether you recommend it or not.

Not too sure about transferring at post-grad level but I presume it's possible.

Out of interest though, what career/job are you actually pursuing?

sauce2k

HSC
hi sorry for the messed up format...i havent been here since 06 haha

I'm planning to enter the finance field such as funa management, analyst (but not IB-related kind of analyst).

I did B Com and Econ @unsw majored in accounting, finance and economics. I found Finance much interesting (at least i had the desire to learn) unlike the other 2 where I found it really dry and boring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)