posting this due to panic lol srsly help (2 Viewers)

Cherrybomb56

HSC
Trust me in doesn’t. The biggest disadvantage as such is people mucking around in class and distracting you. However a good student will just go home and revise it. It does not matter.

Also don’t think just because a school is selective it has better teachers. The only schools which you know will have better teachers are private schools and that’s a different story... I have many friends that went and go to top 5 selective schools and there’s heaps of teachers that have no idea what they’re doing...
On the contrary I had amazing teachers in a school ranked 200+. For example my Physics teacher had a degree in Physics from usyd and explained everything in detail.

The disadvantages aren’t to the point where it’s going to hurt your atar even if you work hard. As I said in my previous post the disadvantages are really indirect.
so people who don't go to selective schools are disadvantaged? I don't mean in a bad way. But normally I heard that in selective schools, they are excelled further learning a year's content before so they do exceptionally well.

Cherrybomb56

HSC
Tbh in year 11.. it was one of my worst years... So no I didn't have a set timetable but I definitely recommend it. Make sure to make it flexible though cos some days won't go as planned :D good luck in year 11
In year 11 do you get more major projects? Also for math will there be tests based on every topic or will it be altogether in the half yearly?

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
so people who don't go to selective schools are disadvantaged? I don't mean in a bad way. But normally I heard that in selective schools, they are excelled further learning a year's content before so they do exceptionally well.
Yes students are excelled further but that's because they can handle it. Most students in low ranking schools wouldn't be able to hand it and so they don't go ahead.

Cherrybomb56

HSC
Yes students are excelled further but that's because they can handle it. Most students in low ranking schools wouldn't be able to hand it and so they don't go ahead.
but like I mean when applying for uni's would a student that goes to selective be selected over a student that does'nt go or is it solemly based on atar?

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
but like I mean when applying for uni's would a student that goes to selective be selected over a student that does'nt go or is it solemly based on atar?
No of course not. It's only atar lol.

vivswithluv

HSC
In year 11 do you get more major projects? Also for math will there be tests based on every topic or will it be altogether in the half yearly?
It really depends on your school.. and each assessment will have a notification sheet where it'll state what you'll be tested on. Pretty sure half yearly is what you have learnt in the two terms.

Cherrybomb56

HSC
It really depends on your school.. and each assessment will have a notification sheet where it'll state what you'll be tested on. Pretty sure half yearly is what you have learnt in the two terms.
oh ok, that's good. Do they just mainly use one book for math?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
okay. Wow so any ways on how to prepare for advance math next year?
Learn from a textbook your school is going to use. the textbooks usually have examples on how to do the questions and then exercises following that relate to the examples. That is the best approach when first learning content through self study

Cherrybomb56

HSC
Learn from a textbook your school is going to use. the textbooks usually have examples on how to do the questions and then exercises following that relate to the examples. That is the best approach when first learning content through self study
okay. Do you recommend me to start learning the content for the holidays?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
okay. Do you recommend me to start learning the content for the holidays?
When I did year 11 I don't think I did anything in the holidays before but it depends on your current math ability. I wasn't having trouble with the year 10 concepts at the time so I didn't feel like I needed to learn ahead straight away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)