Postmodernism (1 Viewer)

jaihson

HSC
Crazy Pomo said:
Cool. What is 'A pack of Lies' about? and by?
Its a novel by geraldine mccaughren. Its ok, i used it to extend on my discussion of the nature of fictionality in FLW. It's a series of short stories bound within a central plot. In the end the characters discover that they are characters in a novel as this guy who has been staying with them is the author of the fiction. Its interesting and pretty funny. It also has some pastiche with one of the short stories going into the Who Dunnit mystery genre, as well as an appropriation of the willow pattern plate. I'd have a look for more 'meatier' texts before you try this one as it will totally depend on the question as to whether you could use it in your discussion.

C

Crazy Pomo

jaihson said:
Its a novel by geraldine mccaughren. Its ok, i used it to extend on my discussion of the nature of fictionality in FLW. It's a series of short stories bound within a central plot. In the end the characters discover that they are characters in a novel as this guy who has been staying with them is the author of the fiction. Its interesting and pretty funny. It also has some pastiche with one of the short stories going into the Who Dunnit mystery genre, as well as an appropriation of the willow pattern plate. I'd have a look for more 'meatier' texts before you try this one as it will totally depend on the question as to whether you could use it in your discussion.
Hah im done dude, was just asking outta interest!

C

Crazy Pomo

jaihson said:
In that case, congrats! :D
Yeah cheers! Sounds like an interesting book, now with all my free time (except for freakin drama exam) I can read it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)