-Mathematics
-Chemistry
-Physics
-Ipt
-IT

I want a UAI of above 90, but:
1st eng assesment = 90% (worth 10%)
2nd Eng Assesment = 11/15 (worth 15%

Physics assesment 1 : 35% (worth 10% of assesment)
Physics Asessment 2 : 80% (worth 15 % of assesment)

Maths Task 1 : 53 % (worth 20% of assesment)

These are the worrying ones. Now can i bring my physics mark back up to get a mark of approx 85% scaled?

Maths is ok, as i can destroy I.T instead, but what do you guys think?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
A UAI greater than 90 is easily still more than likely to be within your grasp.

Affinity

HSC
You need to be a bit more consistent with studying

stoydgen

Shiftius Curry
HSC
Well i know for a fact i am going to have to study harder. I'm getting maths and physics tuition, and if possible, will get maths counted instead of i.t (!). Thanks guys.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Looking at the difference in assesment marks I think you need to revise before a test and not try to remember everything (pot calling the kettle black :rolleyes: ).

Affinity

HSC
actually you need to e familiar with the topics to a degree that you can discuss it at anytime

stoydgen

Shiftius Curry
HSC
I know theres a huge contrast between the marks, namely physics. I had the first maths assesment the same day, and well, it showed. Studying my ass off in both didnt help out at all, as i hit a mental brick wall. Doin my half yearly's now, physics tomorrow, just had maths and english. MAths wasnt too bad, eng i dont know about. But i need to KILL physics to get my mark back up there. Problem is the motors and generators stuff is a bit harder to study for, cos we only coverd bits of the syllabus, some not in order, aargh!

Anyways back to the books.

TheKey

HSC
these school assesments dont really matter much from marks point of view, id rather know ur ranks in the subjects and how many % is your mark lower than the guy who came first.

also how many % of people get 90+UAI in ur school?

also i wouldnt count on IT too much from what i heard that scales like shit, to get 90 uai try get mid band5 or better for english and math and try not to fuck up other stuff too much and u should have it.

like i got 85 in eng and 88 in 2 unit math, rest was IPT SDD low band5 and 66% in ext math got me 89.3, so yeh my advice is to fully try in english and math, especially eng. eng so damn important, whoever did well in eng in my school scored well, those that didnt got screwed.

Winston

HSC
Internal Assessments for IT mean jack all to your final HSC Mark for IT, remember IT is not like other subjects they dont compose your HSC mark with the internal assessment mark, your HSC mark is essentially your Exam mark that's it, you pretty much have one shot at it, you need to do good in the IT Exam, internal marks etc are still done because if you happent o be sick on the day of the exam, it's a backup for misadventure.

agent_angel

HSC
hey guys
just wondering if ne1 out there can do me a big favour and check out sumthing on the uai estimator 4 me. my computer is stuffed.
i was looking at a uai of bout 93. the subjects im doing r below. what would i hav to get in each of them to get this uai?

english adv.
english ext. 1
english ext. 2
mathematics
drama
legal studies
studies of religion 1

thanks heaps xoxox

santaslayer

HSC
80's for the 2 units...
35+ for the 1 units...?
and 90+ for legal?
wouldnt use drama in this instance

juggernaut

HSC
your assessment marks dont mean shit... the schools really need to explain this better i reckon.. everyday i hear ppl at my school goin oh shit i only got 75% in that assessment im gonna have to work so hard next term... or i hear ppl going 'i got 10/20 for that assessment so so far my hsc mark is 5/10 or whatever'
so many ppl seem to think that there personal assessment marks are actually contributing to their final hsc mark

its only used to determine rank!! which then when u sit the exam assigns u a mark accordingly eg. if u got 2nd rank, u get the 2nd highest exam mark sat by ur school... this is then averaged with ur own exam mark.. and there u go

stamos

sellout
HSC
Originally posted by juggernaut
your assessment marks dont mean shit... the schools really need to explain this better i reckon.. everyday i hear ppl at my school goin oh shit i only got 75% in that assessment im gonna have to work so hard next term... or i hear ppl going 'i got 10/20 for that assessment so so far my hsc mark is 5/10 or whatever'
so many ppl seem to think that there personal assessment marks are actually contributing to their final hsc mark

its only used to determine rank!! which then when u sit the exam assigns u a mark accordingly eg. if u got 2nd rank, u get the 2nd highest exam mark sat by ur school... this is then averaged with ur own exam mark.. and there u go
mmm but they also use the gaps between ranks to determine assessment marks

like.. in ancient last year i was 96 and another guy was 97- the third guy got 82 for his assessment

in exam third guy got 98, the top ranked guy got 96 and i got 94- but because the gap between the top two assessment marks was comparitively small, both me and the top guy got an assessmnet mark of 98

so being rank 2 with virtually no gap at all is much better than being rank 2 with a huge gap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)