Power in Society or World Politics? (1 Viewer)

I-Jester

Intergalactic Jester
HSC
Help! I'm doing a Govt and Int. Relations major in my BA (Media and Communications) and i've selected Power in Society but i'm worried it's going to be crap.

Should I do World Politics instead? Or is there a better junior unit that i could do instead (I'm already doing Australian Politics)?

Thanks in advance.

the questions

Well I am doing Geopolitics in semester one wich sounds really good, and then because I did not want to do the aus course I am doing power in society in semster one too....(no one said I could not...) yet I did want to do the world politics one, but next to the name it says:summer. Doesn't that mean that you can only take it in the summer holidays?........ thats what I thought anyway..
Other wise I would be doing it..
What do U think? and I think that power in society will be alright!-interesting..

picaresque

HSC
World Pol is available second sem. I'm taking Geopolitics in sem 1 and World in sem 2 - I reacted in rather juvenile fashion to the Power in Society description (much too powerplays, argh). Not sure if geop. and world pol are too similar, but oh well.

timrie6

HSC
N/A
I-Jester said:
Help! I'm doing a Govt and Int. Relations major in my BA (Media and Communications) and i've selected Power in Society but i'm worried it's going to be crap.

Should I do World Politics instead? Or is there a better junior unit that i could do instead (I'm already doing Australian Politics)?

Thanks in advance.
I'm doing both those subjects and wondering if I should replace them altogether!

timrie6

HSC
N/A
I-Jester said:
All interesting points of view...

Timrie6 - what do you mean add you?
add me to msn (if you like)
i'm thinking about replacing them both with Beginner's Italian. What do you reckon?

It doesn't matter which one really, just try one out for the first couple of weeks and if you don't like it, swap over.
Thats my plan.

korry

HSC
N/A
haha is power in society really that bad? Is it hard or something??

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
I'm sure Melby is going to say its a joke because its so easy :p

But I actually did better in World Politics than I did in Power in Society (mainly because for my major essay I was called a "left wing extremist" by the marker :p - but you gotta admit, the World Politics exam is SO much easier than Power's 3 essays)

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
atm i'm doing power in soc and aust politics. i was thinking of changing from AP to world pols,but now i'm thinking i'll do geo pol and aust pol. what does everybody think? (i desperately need the opinions of people who are not my parents, THEY have read the handbooks cover to cover and won't shut up about it...)

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
melbournian said:
welshi, if you need any first year govt notes, remind me @ college to share them on the network
oooh yes please! can't wait for college network... *salivates at thought of illegally obtained tunes and movies...*

Oz

HSC
i've picked geo and world for 1st year, considering changing to inter business thou, but have ages to choose.

btw has anyone had a look on blackboard at the course structure for geopolitics? its looking really interesting, and the assignments don't look too horrible, basically teaching you to look at both sides of hte arguement and the correct form when your creating a bio.

who else is joining me for it?

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
I'm doing GeoPol and it looks really interesting.

I don't understand why this person is asking this question to start off with though because Power in Society is a Sem 1 subject and World Pol is a Sem 2 so you can do both...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)