Powerhouse (1 Viewer)

gooch

HSC
Did anyone's work get selected for DesignTech??? I was pretty surprised mine did..

evilferret

HSC
yeah! My magazine got in. Had to rush off to snap today to get it reprinted because it's heaps dirty from people touching it. I feel guilty though because those pictures i sent don't make it look as pixelated is it really is. Ah well.

Anyone else in publishing get in?

Also... what do we wear? lol

gooch

HSC
Yea, my pictures make my project look a lot better then when seen first hand.. I feel pretty bad, the workmanship of project is quite poor... But nevermind, im still really happy to of been chosen.. I dont know what to wear, i'll be on schoolies anyway so yea, no presentation for me..

evilferret

HSC
lol i get back from schoolies the day before.

Reduce my portfolio to 75 pages! i'm leaving all that stuff in like proposal, criteria to evaluate success, equipment used etc.. and have some research and the development of one of my magazine articles. that should do.

niteshade1312

HSC
A friend of mine got in, and her projects amazing!! Soo proud of her..!! So when can we come and see?

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
a mate in my class got in, he made a coffee table guitar wit an amp and all, its sooo gud, best project ive ever seen, as for mine, i got a letter 2 say that it was accepted but it aint goin 2 powerhouse cause its 2 big LAME (N) supposedly they are considering whether i can exhibit it at regional places wit bigger exhibition space, oh well, i got my new inventors date next year :D

evilferret

HSC
I got a letter day before yesterday (24th oct). If its from board of studies and if you can see the words designtech through the envelope and its reasonably thick, then you got in.

Last edited:

gooch

HSC
Yeah I got a letter to..Came Monday I think.

slinky_cumquat

Geriatric
HSC
when does the exhibition open? i really wana go check it out, my friend got in and i gotta check it out!

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
slinky_cumquat said:
when does the exhibition open? i really wana go check it out, my friend got in and i gotta check it out!
tis already open....i just gotta figure out when i can be bothered going to sydney and ill be going along 2 check em out as well...

HSC
N/A
evilferret said:
yeah! My magazine got in. Had to rush off to snap today to get it reprinted because it's heaps dirty from people touching it. I feel guilty though because those pictures i sent don't make it look as pixelated is it really is. Ah well.
Oh my gosh, the only magazine in the Powerhouse was 'Mink' and that means - that was you!

Damn I loved your MDP, it was my absolute favourite in the whole exhibition. I looked through your Portfolio for a while and and was really interested.... and now have definately decided that I'm going to do some form of graphics for my MDP.

My school only ever does timber products really, and I was going to go down that road too.... I was a little unsure about doing graphics because no one at my school ever does it, or knows anything about it. But really - this would be perfect for me! I have a huge interest in art and graphic design, so - why not!

The magazine especially caught my eye because of the words 'Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' on the front. I myself have CFS, and have had it for 2 years now.... it's a really lonely illness, due to so many people just not understanding it.... so it was kind of touching for me to see it right there, on the front of a high acheiving MDP in the Powerhouse Museum! It was almost kind of like a sign (including the fact that I grew up down the road from your school) saying "DO GRAPHICS!" Hehe.

Anyway, loved your work - was absolutely fantastic. Congratulations on getting into DesignTech too. Haha, I bought the catalogue just so I could remember your work! Love it! :D

Last edited:

niteshade1312

HSC
The exhibition was quite good, except there were a few projects I couldn't find a need for. Maybe it's just me and I'm paranoid about finding a reason for the project, otherwise they were all really well done. Some were a bit odd, but I think that's part of the exhibition that it is a range of different projects with different goals and standards!

slinky_cumquat

Geriatric
HSC
yeah. the selections for design tech seem to follow some kind of criteria. there's always a clothing project, jewellery, something for the environment, something for disabled people a video project, a print project and furniture. its not necessarily a bad thing, as it does present a cross section of the projects from yr 12 that year... just there may be some better projects around and the criteria being filled is rather restrictive as its such a small space at the PHM.

i did like many of the projects, some didnt really impress me all that much. although i did really like the craftsmanship of the teapot, that was cool.

and i got to see my friends at the exhibition, that was indeed exciting.

niteshade1312

HSC
slinky_cumquat said:
yeah. the selections for design tech seem to follow some kind of criteria. there's always a clothing project, jewellery, something for the environment, something for disabled people a video project, a print project and furniture. its not necessarily a bad thing, as it does present a cross section of the projects from yr 12 that year... just there may be some better projects around and the criteria being filled is rather restrictive as its such a small space at the PHM.

i did like many of the projects, some didnt really impress me all that much. although i did really like the craftsmanship of the teapot, that was cool.

and i got to see my friends at the exhibition, that was indeed exciting.
You have the same reaction to Design Tech as myself. I felt that the varied projects was great because it does show the different projects that are submitted, but I have a feeling, whether this was told to me correctly that the projects on showcase are always a varied degree of skill and of design ideas. That is what makes the subject of Design and Tech so vast.

And I too got to see a friends project!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)