Powerplay/1984 texts (1 Viewer)

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
can anyone recommend text or text types something for this? ive got some movies for it but i cant think of any other text types. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
i was considering doing a poster of lenin but couldnt relate it to powerplay very well. what are you saying about yours?

Paisley

Banned
Uh... it's about "power through love"... it's the one of Stalin holding a little girl who I think was his daughter... and it inspires love in the populace, just like Winston loves BB at the end of the book...

I'm mainly using my additionals to back up my information about "Nineteen Eighty-Four"...

JUB JUB

HSC
response structure

does anyone know how to structure the powerplay response if it is an essay...I mean... do we talk about the ideas about power and how they are represented through language techniques and staging??? like how ur meant to structure the change essay in AOS?
what does the relationship between representation and meaning mean?:confused: :confused:

all4jesus

You might think of doing the film 'Wag the Dog' or an article on the whole controversy with the priests and sexual assault..

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
bah.. the crucible and that dawe poem
you need to structure your essay so that as well as talking about the maniuplation/embodiment/practise of power, you examine the various techniques used in the text to convey that.

eg. 1984 - the ultimate power of deprivation = thru bleak imagery of dystopian society ("gritty swirls of dust")
power over thought- the paradox "doublethink"
power over relationships - metaphor of the parsons children
winston's individual power; metaphor of 'golden country'...
plus all that religious resonance...
you need the language support tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)