ppl doing commerce (1 Viewer)

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
Not that hard...

You only need 70 for a D (most , if not all, unis 75+). I live with a girl from China and her english is pretty poor and she is managing a D+ average and didn't do that much work. First year commerce at ANU is EASY, but i think 2nd and 3rd yr is reasonably hard. Generally the commerce degree use to be harder; my sister done it at ANU before they implemented the new commerce program and she said it was very hard compared to the new one.

I guess everyones opinion is different.

Ribbon

Can't remember exactly where I heard this, but isn't first year commerce supposed to be as easy as year 12 business studies?

strawberry

realli.....GREAT...my chances of transfering have increased!!!!!!

but isn't yr 12 Bus hard (with all the reports and stuff) i didn't do bus in school but some of my friends stay up till really late doing bus reports and crap?!

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
Just remember if u transfer to Usyd commerce you may have to do some more maths subjects

At ANU I think they do 1 stats subject in the commerce degree. A USYD they do 2 stats courses in 1st year; so you will have to do the other stats course when u transfer

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
uh its metrics for first year commerce. and you know what you have to catch up on by applying for credit for the subjects you have already done, if you are granted the credit, then you won't have to do that subject's equivalent at usyd.

Ribbon

Year 12 business was hard in that you had to remember alot of stuff, and reports are long and painful sometimes, but easy in the way that its all just regurgitation, not much thinking involved (as opposed to say, maths, where you have to figure the answer out yourself... in business you get told the answer and just have to remember it)

aoi_sora_1027

can any explain to me what you what you do for amjors and electives?? what are they?

and what are you guys doing?

strawberry

you should get yourself a faculty handbook...they have all the majors you can do and all the electives

basically you just have to do 24 courses (each comprised of 6u) to gain 144u to complete your bachelor degree.

if you have heaps of questions and you dont get most of it you should probably ring up the commerce department and make an appointment with them

Epic_Postings

lol wut?
HSC
im curious to how first year commerce students during 2006 would rate the difficulty of the course and the results they obtained, anyone? :D

mcs

HSC
I am going into 2nd year eco/commerce and I reckon its pretty easy to get D's overall. I didnt do half the work I should of last year and got 3 credits, 4 D's and a HD overall. As long as you can do the stuff and prepared to put in a reasonable amount of effort you should get at very worst a decent credit if not distinctions all the time.

Its all up to how much time you want to put in.... if you want to spend 24/7 studying then youll probably if you know whats going on get lots of D & HD's but if you want to enjoy life then you can still get good solid overall marks without doing a crazy amount of work. Its all about quality over quantity in my opinion.

As for majors, basically all streams do the same 1st year subjects and then you branch off to major in whatever you choose.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
dun stress, first year commerce is just common sense if you did well in mathy subjects you should do fine

Venusian

HSC
totally depends on your major!
BUSN1001 is identical to year 12 business stuff (errr Business Communication and Technologies if youre from QLD) FINM1001 is easy, BUSN1101 (Commercial Law) is like year 12 Legal Studies, Stat1008 easy as, I'd say the econometrics, micro and macro are hardest (but theyre like second year subjects for commerce students)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)