• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

prac (1 Viewer)

vodkacrumble

shiftworker
HSC
where is everyone at/going to for their pracs this semester? :)

i have 5 more shifts at RPA for PD1, then off to Chatswood Community Mental Health for PD2.

ellebelle21

HSC
We haven't found out yet. I have one neuro placement, one in a childcare centre (looking forward to that) and one for DD.

Btw vodkacrumble, any news on the dress ;)

vodkacrumble

shiftworker
HSC
ellie - i've only been working a couple of days a week over the past few days and the girl with the dress hasn't been on those days! last time i saw her i did mention the dress and she's happy to sell it :)

shortie - which ward are you on?

shortie_689

HSC
Hey... Um last half of the semester I was on ward 6B acute cardiology... and next half of the semester I am on 10A just plain cardiology... Its been great though i have had so much experience I mean one of my patients had cardiac arrest I mean i seen it all

vodkacrumble

shiftworker
HSC
shortie_689 said:
i have had so much experience I mean one of my patients had cardiac arrest I mean i seen it all
ugh, i hope you responded better than my first arrest - found my pt dead in the bathroom and all i could do was shout to my RN to help and i just stood there with a totally blank brain.

thankfully the next one (not my pt) i knew what to do and got equipment ready for the team while they were busy doing their thing.

i work on the 11th floor and we're always seeing the arrest buzzer going off for downstairs - i always assume it's 10A!
actually i saw a few when i worked on 8C (cardiothoracic) a few years ago. very first one i ever saw was there, right in front of me in the treatment room. they had to reopen his chest on the ward - he ended up surviving and walking out of there.

shortie_689

HSC
well seeing as it was my first prac I just got right out of the way to let them do there business cause I was in the Critical Care Unit I swear to god i think my heart stopped too

ellebelle21

HSC
Awesome Vodka. I can't wait to get the dress hehe! Could you ask her what would be best for her when you see her next?

I havent seen an arrest or anything scary yet... im a bit worried! My first prac was the worst ever, just fractured NOFs and our facilitator wouldnt let us do anything.

shortie_689

HSC
This semester I have been placed at Lady Davidson the Rehabilitation Hospital I have seen ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that we are learning about...
IT IS SOOO BAD

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
rehab ward's the worst!!!

mostly showers when i did it :(

upright

HSC
N/A
dark`secrets said:
rehab ward's the worst!!!

mostly showers when i did it :(
When I was in a rehab ward I only did ONE shower. It was really quiet(i.e. not busy). Most of the patients were ambulant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)