Practice answer Antony and Cleopatra- anyone feel like commenting? (1 Viewer)

evette13

HSC
Hey guys
This article took me like an hour- so screwed if they specify two texts.
Ummm...basically i need some help with what to cut out and whether or not it sucks lol, tis my worst module this one

Thanks ppls

gloomy

moo
HSC
thats really good~ you should focus a little more on techniques in A+C and how these techniques show powerplay...

and also you should really be practicing how to write essays in 40mins writing not typing (unless you have special provisions) because it really doesnt do you any good. :p

evette13

HSC
thanks mate
i actually typed this one coz my teacher gets pissed off with my writing lol so i printed this out to hand up and am about to go practice writing
Thanks for your comments, i will probably cut down the related texts too abit, what do u think?

manifestation

What?!
HSC
also http://hsc.csu.edu.au and go to module C - Antony & Cleo. It's useful.

Also i noticed in your article you haven't quoted your Acts and scenes for your quotes. It's good to do that, well that's what my teacher said. Other than that, i agree that you need a lil more technique, however you do support your arguements with quotes from the text which is really great. Cause remember you can't state something without backing it up with evidence from the text

GOOD LUCK - with this module it looks like you are set :)

Last edited:

SarahJZ

HSC
very good...make sure you address an event, situation and personality...which it seems you have done...

evette13

HSC
thanks everyone! you have helped heaps, i cut it down and can write it in 45 mins now...gotta get it down even more lol but still, it was a huge improvement from 60 minutes.
thanks again, good luck xox

thegink

HSC
Just reading through your article; one point you made stopped me:
Immediately following this statement, Caesar describes his admiration for the ‘old’ Antony – a tough soldier- using a metaphor: “the roughest berry on the rudest hedge”.

it seems to me that you are saying Antony is being described as the 'roughest berry on the rudest hedge', when in actual fact Caesar is admiring Antony for being able to eat the 'roughest berry etc' - praise for Antony's soldiership.

I suggest, if you include this on thursday, to make sure you mention something about eating the berry, and not just the berry.

I may seem to be nit-picking, but this kind of simple mistake/misunderstanding could make you lose credibility in the eyes of the marker (= bad).

otherwise, this response is very good. If you can do that well in the exam, you'll be laughing.
thegink

d_a_n_z

HSC
SarahJZ said:
very good...make sure you address an event, situation and personality...which it seems you have done...
what do you mean by event/situtation/personality? Like...look at the way power effects each element?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)