Practice class (1 Viewer)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Does anybody know what is exactly involved in a "Practice Class"? It is on top of a tutorial, but I cannot imagine what else you could have apart from a Lecture and a Tutorial.

ie: For Physics, I understand that a tutorial and pracs should be separate, but not quite sure for Maths.

practise class.jpg

rellenayyy

HSC
A practice class is a class where your lecturer will go step-by-step in solving relevant problems. Some of the problems are of a similar format to those in tutorials, while some other ones are of a higher difficulty etc. I strongly advise you to attend them because lecturers sometimes give good tips on problems and it's a time where you can ask particular questions. In general it's good exam prep. Alsooo the questions aren't usually posted on the web. Which units are you doing that require a practice class? If it's real and complex analysis, I highly recommend you go!

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
A practice class is a class where your lecturer will go step-by-step in solving relevant problems. Some of the problems are of a similar format to those in tutorials, while some other ones are of a higher difficulty etc. I strongly advise you to attend them because lecturers sometimes give good tips on problems and it's a time where you can ask particular questions. In general it's good exam prep. Alsooo the questions aren't usually posted on the web. Which units are you doing that require a practice class? If it's real and complex analysis, I highly recommend you go!
Indeed real and complex analysis.

This seems like a good way of going through things. It should take some time off home-studying. Thank you very much for your input. I've been wondering about this for a long time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)