Practice Questions for Creative Writing? (1 Viewer)

Happeninchick

Gilmore Girl
HSC
Hey!

Does anyone have any practice questions for Creative writing? I've been looking around on the net for some, but can't seem to find any. The past papers are all in reference to 'change' or previous Areas of Study, so I wondering if someone might have some in regards to Journeys?

Much appreciated! :D

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
so what do you reckon we should do to prepare for it? i've been stressing out so badly over this section

CrashOveride

HSC
dont stress out about it, just have some ideas. also in the creative writing they can ask u to do a ferature article or interview or conversation etc. hey? hmm

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
make your own up. Look in a magazine, find a picture, and write a letter or newpaper article using that picture.

Similarly, find a headline, and use THAT as your stimulus.

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
From an eta booklet:
1. Imagine that you have returned from a journey that took you away from your school environment for a term. While away, your teacher asked you to maintain a journal recording your experiences, particularly focusing on your encounters, discoveries and transformations.
Write diary entries.
2. Imagine that you have been asked to interview an individual, real or imaginbed, about a journey in that person's life. Write a script focusing on the individuals experiences.
3. Write a feature article using the title "an unexpected journey" in which you profile the experiences of an individual or group emarking on a significant journey.

Hope it helps, even though there is only a few hours to go.

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
*you have been asked to write a feature article for your school magazine. the topic is " journeys"
*you are the host of a radio program called modern day journeys. interviewthe composer of your prescribed text on this topic with ref. to techniques used to present the journey in their text
*Text 2 explores the ways in which music triggers a journey into memory. Write a letter to a friend in which you talk about how a journey in to memory is triggered for you. this journey may be triggered by any stimulus

hope these help...

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
aye for this section
or ifnact any SECTION

can someone clarify this for me
Reflective essay...
personal opinions , thoughts on a parituclar subject... or if its creative writing .. on a particular event.. our thoughts right?

Informal Letter
uhh like a letter to a mate , colloquial language? and just an infromal tone

Formal Letter
like we are writing to a business , address , Dear so and so , formal tone ... yours Sincerely....

Feature ARticle
Informal , lots of puns , intonation , rhetorical questions , must have a by-line ( i think its called...lol)

Newspaper/Magazine article:
more formall?? , still could have a pun for a title , but more informative

Transcript for a tv show or something:
a conversation between two people??

Last edited:

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
yeah that's pretty right....
just with the reflective essay keep in mind that you are REFLECTING on the experience ie. it's already happened

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)