Practice Questions (1 Viewer)

John Andrews

HSC
Hey everyone,

I have received two questions for Paper 1 Section 3. I believe the actual exam question will be similar to these two. It would be great if someone could help and give me a few tips on some ideas and how to go onto answering the question. My prescribed text is Romulus my Father. The two questions are:

'Contact with other people is the most significant factor influencing an individuals sense of belonging.'
To what extent is this view supported in your prescribed text and at least one other related text of your own choosing.?

and;

'An individual shapes his or her own sense of belonging.'
Discuss this view with detailed reference to your prescribed text and one other related text of your own choosing.

So they are the questions, again any help would be much appreciated as always.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I'll bump for ya
My 2 cents:
Q1. You would need examples of relationships
Q2. You can have any examples really tbh...

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
What's the related text(s) you intend to use in answering these questions?

Mdyeow

HSC
Uni Grad
In both, I would really emphasise defining what you mean by belonging. This will then influence what theses and points you develop to answer each question (in some ways, this is itself the "answer" to the second question).

E.g. "feeling like you're part of a wider community" can result in very different arguments to "a sense of alliance with a place or idea". In some cases, the two may be mutually exclusive. The first may suit pretty easily to the first question, but if you used the second one, you could get some interesting notions about how isolation from other people can foster a sense of belonging to a place or, in the case of your text, ethnicity/historical heritage.

The definition process is supremely important for every module and every essay you do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)