Votes: 53 35.8%
  • 2-3 hours

Votes: 22 14.9%
  • 3-4 hours

Votes: 12 8.1%

• Total voters

prweber

HSC
I'm doing around 2 hours weekdays and 3-4 on weekends... I'd really love to do more than that but time is hard to find... although now there is no more school i have all the time i want... looking forward to getting 6 hours in for most days post HSC... I generally split my practice into the first 2 hours being technical (split into around 50 minute segments) and then the rest will be work on things like pieces or improv... i tend not to work on pieces that much... dont see the need unless there are some psycho fast passages... btw i'm a trombone player... there was a period where i was doing 4 hours almost straight for about 2 weeks (during the holidays) every day... it felt awesome... pity i cant find the time anymore... Good for building up stamina which you really need when playing loud rock, jazz and latin stuff...

HSC
i practice about 1-2 hours everyday...well almost everyday...i practice ALOT at school...whether it be in class or not...i am in the music room HEAPS!
at home i cant say i practice heeps, but i do try to get atleast an hour in the majority of the days of the week

Loctorak

HSC
I vary a hell of a lot. I'll go from anywhere between 30min to 3 hours. I break this up over several periods through the day, and I also play guitar and piano (am also starting to practice my vocal ability) so I switch around a fair bit.

ekdownie

eating/procrastinating
HSC
ummm
depends on the day
i try to get a couple of hour blocks in
i also get 12 free periods a week so i dedicate alot of my practise into them
i play the clarinet and find my face hurting like hell if i play more thatn 3 or so hours, unless im at like at ensemble training and such because that isnt as challenging as individual practise.
seeming though ive started my HSC now im hoping to put abit more in now.
a year ago, i was barely practising, maybe like 3-4 times a week for half an hour, and that wasnt all that good. i was still good at my pieces and did well in my exams, but the pieces now are much demanding and i want to see what i can achieve if i put plenty of prac in.

yep.

Polonaisy

HSC
hey guys its not how long you practise, but how much you get done that matters

lucyG

HSC
hey guys its not how long you practise, but how much you get done that matters
So true. This guy once randomly said, "Practise doesn't make perfect. Perfect practise makes perfect." And I totally, totally stand by it. You could play for hours on end, repeating the same pieces with all the mistakes and impurities still in them, and it won't get you anywhere. But if you strive for clarity and depth of expression, and try your best everytime you practise, your pieces will improve dramatically.

Of course, it's always best to have the combination of both the quality and the quantity of practise.

greenie1113

Bone Saw is ready
HSC
i practise as much as i can, whenever i can
no set time really
but ive been playing less 'cause of the damn hsc..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)