practise answer for Q1 (1 Viewer)

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
Could someone please attach or PM a practise answer for Q1 that was good.

for our pretrial i got 20 and for the trial i got 18

i just can't seem to master it

don;t worry about the source or anything, i just want to see a coherent structure.

I am ranked 1 cause of the project and I don;t want to screw everyone over if i screw up the external exam

please help

Andrew.

SmokedSalmon

HSC
hey there. i've posted up two documents one's a section 1 response I did for class. got about 18/20 i think... the other one just has notes on some of the readings like Herodotus and Thucydides and other historians.

good luck to you.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
this is one i just wrote for question 1

it has no Source in it, cause i just used last yrs hsc question but did not have a copy of the source

is this alright in terms of structure, content and coherance

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
Gordo,
Your response was certainly sound in regards to structure. No I don't believe you need any help to master it.

With that response you needed more reference to sources - including the given source and HTA sources. Also don't fall into the trap of (as a philosopher once put it) using 'a large word where a diminutive one will suffice.'
Overall it would see about a 21-22. :cool:

Plebeian

I agree with max in terms of not making it overcomplicated. Making a response "complex" and "sophisticated" doesn't mean it has to be confusing and full of Latin. I had to read that introduction a few times before I got it, which is not the sort of thing a tired marker wants to be doing. I think the structure seems good but obviously when you have a Source you'll need to ensure you incorporate it properly. On the whole, the idea is to make your points about historiography clear rather than rambling and long-winded.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
haha sorry,
i guess its the brainwashing of eng extn

its true you should impress with ideas not language, though frankly, i was not trying to impress with language.

phrases like ex post fact, merely means like a product spawning from something done afterwards, like history is borne out of an historian chosing to compile sources etc and interpret them.

i dunno, it doesn;t seem that complicated, but i am subejctive of course. But if you both think it is, i'll try put it in simpler terms next time.

thanks for the constructive criticism

and yes I would shape my real answer around the Source. this was more or less a practice at formulating some ideas etc.

cheers once again.

Scatterbrain

max said:
Gordo,
Overall it would see about a 21-22. :cool:

is this a good mark considering that their was not stimulus text involved or is there something that needed to be done to improve it anyway?

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
The mark was based on an assumption that gordo would have kept in mind the given extract that would normally have came with the question.
Yes it was a good mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)