Pre Released Exam Papers... (1 Viewer)

omgd.

HSC
N/A
So being a first year at uni, this is the first I've heard of a " Pre - Released Exam " and i was just wondering, is it easier to do better in such exams ? or harder.

I mean im assuming since its Pre released, a lot of people ( esp those who want HD's ) will really do their homework and make sure they do very well. But to balance that, I guess it also means they will mark the exam very hard.

So that being said, what is your opinion of this ? Is it easier or harder ? The lecturer said we will be shown 6 questions in the pre released paper, of which 2 will be in the exam ( the hardest two).

Now what are the chances of me doing these questions inside out to make sure I can wing it in the exam. Does that work? Like i said, its a fairly new concept for me, so enlighten me please :)

Last edited:

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
it depends on the person i think.
we had 12 pre released questions for accounting 1, and they pick 2/12 for the midsem.
so yeah, it is generally easier to study for because you know exactly what to expect in the exam and what you need to do.

personally, i hate pre-released exams.

omgd.

HSC
N/A
it depends on the person i think.
we had 12 pre released questions for accounting 1, and they pick 2/12 for the midsem.
so yeah, it is generally easier to study for because you know exactly what to expect in the exam and what you need to do.

personally, i hate pre-released exams.
OMG yes. this is for accounting ! im doing bus/law at uts, so im assuming, since you do business as well, you probably had the same thing first sem ? So is that it ? Basically, of those 6 questions two will come up ? Did you just practice them heaps ? Kinda like prepared answers ? Sorry if thats too many questions ! haha >.<

SMSHS

did you go to st marys senior as well ? or does that stand for something else ? otherwise this is a tad freaky :p

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
OMG yes. this is for accounting ! im doing bus/law at uts, so im assuming, since you do business as well, you probably had the same thing first sem ? So is that it ? Basically, of those 6 questions two will come up ? Did you just practice them heaps ? Kinda like prepared answers ? Sorry if thats too many questions ! haha >.<

SMSHS

did you go to st marys senior as well ? or does that stand for something else ? otherwise this is a tad freaky :p
haha, yeah.
me and my friends split the questions, made it a lot easier. ended up failing mid sem :p

and yeah i did :S

who are you lol

omgd.

HSC
N/A
haha, yeah.
me and my friends split the questions, made it a lot easier. ended up failing mid sem :p

and yeah i did :S

who are you lol
what. u failed ? with the pre released exam ? thats....... encouraging. so even if i do the questions before hand, i can fail ? now im scared LOL. oh i dont think we know eachother, its just weird bumping into someone from st marys here, hardly ever run into ppl from there :p u graduated in 2008 ? i graduated last year, so we werent even at the school at the same time :lol:

HSC
im in the same boat as you. i'm pretty sure you're wrong about it being 6 questions, it's 6 practical and 6 essays, 12 questions all up, or at least that's what TK told the lecture room i was in...

omgd.

HSC
N/A
im in the same boat as you. i'm pretty sure you're wrong about it being 6 questions, it's 6 practical and 6 essays, 12 questions all up, or at least that's what TK told the lecture room i was in...
Oh you were in TK's lecture too ? :D how awsome is he ahha. love that guy, hes hilarious ! You might actually be right, because a friend of mine who did the exam last year said they were given 14 questions, so to me, 6 didnt sound right. How are you going to prepare for it ? attempt all of them ? kinda reminds me of prepared answers for hsc... although i highly doubt it would be as easy. im so behind, im only upto week two in accounting. :S

Kralex

HSC
I'd assume it was harder as you need to do well in all of them so you can do well in the ones they choose.

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
what. u failed ? with the pre released exam ? thats....... encouraging. so even if i do the questions before hand, i can fail ? now im scared LOL. oh i dont think we know eachother, its just weird bumping into someone from st marys here, hardly ever run into ppl from there :p u graduated in 2008 ? i graduated last year, so we werent even at the school at the same time :lol:
lol yeah
19/40 :p

i had prepared answers for all the questions except the adjusting question, and the one where we had to read this article on accounting practices or someshit.

and fair enough. didnt really hang out with any year 11s :p

omgd.

HSC
N/A
I'd assume it was harder as you need to do well in all of them so you can do well in the ones they choose.
i think so too . And they will probably mark harder seeing as we sort of knew what was coming.

omgd.

HSC
N/A
lol yeah
19/40 :p

i had prepared answers for all the questions except the adjusting question, and the one where we had to read this article on accounting practices or someshit.

and fair enough. didnt really hang out with any year 11s :p
Yeah my friend told me this. Apparently that was the one question no one bothered to study because no one expected it to come up haha.

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
Yeah my friend told me this. Apparently that was the one question no one bothered to study because no one expected it to come up haha.
lol yeah,

but the average was 22/40 :p

and few people got < 10

omgd.

HSC
N/A
lol yeah,

but the average was 22/40 :p

and few people got < 10
what. the average was 22, u got 19 and you failed? shouldn't there be some sort of aligning. =S do u have to do the sub again. oh ffs. now i really do need to study. i was planning to wing it :(

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
what. the average was 22, u got 19 and you failed? shouldn't there be some sort of aligning. =S do u have to do the sub again. oh ffs. now i really do need to study. i was planning to wing it :(
my bad.
i meant i got 19 for the mid sem.

final mark was 66 :D

and im pretty sure you can wing it. but read that journal article :p

omgd.

HSC
N/A
my bad.
i meant i got 19 for the mid sem.

final mark was 66 :D

and im pretty sure you can wing it. but read that journal article :p
ohhh niceee :D
and thanks for your help :D wish me luck! have to learn everything weve learnt this sem from scratch by next week. heres to hoping! :D

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
ohhh niceee :D
and thanks for your help :D wish me luck! have to learn everything weve learnt this sem from scratch by next week. heres to hoping! :D

goodluck :D
you can do it.

HSC
Oh you were in TK's lecture too ? :D how awsome is he ahha. love that guy, hes hilarious ! You might actually be right, because a friend of mine who did the exam last year said they were given 14 questions, so to me, 6 didnt sound right. How are you going to prepare for it ? attempt all of them ? kinda reminds me of prepared answers for hsc... although i highly doubt it would be as easy. im so behind, im only upto week two in accounting. :S
yeah i am haha he's awesome, i like how the lecture is a bit more interactive, makes it more fun.

i'll probably prepare for it by going through the practical questions and working some or most of it out, for the essays i'm gonna write dot points with notes so when i get to the exam i can just elaborate. he said it would be one essay and one practical as far as i can remember.

yeah sounds like it will be hard lol. how did you get so behind? :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)