Pre/Tutorial Questions (1 Viewer)

Jonneeh

HSC
IF we haven't covered the topics during the lectures which enable us to complete the questions set for those topics do we still have to do them?

ie: In Maths Calculus we've only covered up to but not including topic 1.5 but the tutorial questions for the week include questions from topics greater than 1.5

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
In tutorial people are from different lectures and tutor doesn't know where you're up to in lectures.

Jonneeh

HSC
In tutorial people are from different lectures and tutor doesn't know where you're up to in lectures.
In other words do/attempt them. Feel so inadequate in maths since i haven't touched it for a very long time

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
IF we haven't covered the topics during the lectures which enable us to complete the questions set for those topics do we still have to do them?

ie: In Maths Calculus we've only covered up to but not including topic 1.5 but the tutorial questions for the week include questions from topics greater than 1.5
You're doing MATH1141 under Prof. Cowling... aren't you?

HSC
N/A

That will happen a fair bit. If you haven't done stuff in lectures you can try reading ahead a bit, but you should also tell your tutor so they don't expect you to know everything.

When it comes to the class tests they make sure that they only cover stuff that you have done.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
ugh that Cowling is a grumpy old man
Well, maybe he's having domestic troubles. Who knows.

But I saw Prof. Greenhill walking around - I was like, "Hey! It's my favourite Algebra lecturer" =P

Distinctive hairstyle she has.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Unless otherwise said by your lecturer in charge for a subject, any content listed in the course outline (either directly or by reference/indirectly- e.g. footnote of a textbook references a thesis) is examinable.

Sounds pedantic yes but I've had exams where footnotes and other readings referenced were examined.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Oh, so you're the other lecture stream =P

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Best Maths lecturers are Milan Pahor, DJ Chris Tisdell and Peter Brown.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Best Maths lecturers are Milan Pahor, DJ Chris Tisdell and Peter Brown.
+1, +1, not had Brown before. Pahor and Tisdell are both awesome and great teachers.

Nice signature quote too.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Pahor is great. Tisdell is awesome. Brown (had him for 2-3 weeks) is magnificent. Another lecturer that is 100% terrific is Wildberger.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)