Predict Ancient (1 Viewer)

Venom.

HSC
Pompeii and Herculaneum ; 4 marker - Political structure 8 marker - Influence of Egyptian and Greek cultures 10 marker - Amalgamation of all the last three dot points Agrippina ; 10 marker - Relationship with Claudius 15 marker - Ancient and Modern Interpretations of Agrippina My other two areas are areas nobody else studies lol, I'm just hoping ancient isn't too goddamn long.

Katherwin

HSC
Pompeii and Herculaneum, 8 mark, maybe private houses. I agree about the political structure though, thats my prediction.

mamoz

HSC
ancient history is like tomrw and i havent learnt 2 of the 4 topics... stress overload!! =( .. and on top of that i have maths which i havent studied yet coz of ancient! god help me lol.. is ani1 in the same position as mee who hasnt studied enough yet for ancient tomrw?

christoffpow

HSC
Pompeii and Herculaneum ; 4 marker - Political structure 8 marker - Influence of Egyptian and Greek cultures 10 marker - Amalgamation of all the last three dot points Agrippina ; 10 marker - Relationship with Claudius 15 marker - Ancient and Modern Interpretations of Agrippina My other two areas are areas nobody else studies lol, I'm just hoping ancient isn't too goddamn long.
Pompeii is easy - no need to predict. I think the 10 marker will be ethics though.. I really hope not. Anything but ethics. I can't make up bullshit to get 10 marks.. Anyways Agrippina, I think it will be role/relationship with Gaius or Claudius as 10 marker. 15 marker interpretations but more likely, i believe, legacy. One of those two. I just got a feeling it's legacy..

sirpoopalot7

HSC
Following the BOS' record of questions this year the 10 mark could be something like "Assess the bombing of pompeii by the allies in ww2" I agree with politics and maybe social structure, influences, private buildings.. Agrippina role during Caligula hasn't been asked yet, whilst Claudius has been a fewimes. Interpretations hasn't been asked yet but achievements have, so not sure about legacy. Could ask another one on her death or marriages. Fucked for Augustan Age...

nada92

Gotti Teiknadi <3
HSC
ancient history is like tomrw and i havent learnt 2 of the 4 topics... stress overload!! =( .. and on top of that i have maths which i havent studied yet coz of ancient! god help me lol.. is ani1 in the same position as mee who hasnt studied enough yet for ancient tomrw?
I'm in the exact position... but I have 3 more topics to learn in like 10 hours, and have 3 other exams this week... 2 of them being maths.. fuck me.

christoffpow

HSC
Following the BOS' record of questions this year the 10 mark could be something like &quot;Assess the bombing of pompeii by the allies in ww2&quot; I agree with politics and maybe social structure, influences, private buildings.. Agrippina role during Caligula hasn't been asked yet, whilst Claudius has been a fewimes. Interpretations hasn't been asked yet but achievements have, so not sure about legacy. Could ask another one on her death or marriages. Fucked for Augustan Age...
lmao. love the part about bombing pompeii. Frustrated over SOR? Apparently IPT was really vague. Food technology was too.. exams should be set out so if someone knows 100 percent of the syllabus, they should be able to get 100 percent in the exam.. Anyways back on topic. Im fucked for julio claudian lol.. ahh section four. FML

Venom.

HSC
Following the BOS' record of questions this year the 10 mark could be something like &quot;Assess the bombing of pompeii by the allies in ww2&quot; I agree with politics and maybe social structure, influences, private buildings.. Agrippina role during Caligula hasn't been asked yet, whilst Claudius has been a fewimes. Interpretations hasn't been asked yet but achievements have, so not sure about legacy. Could ask another one on her death or marriages. Fucked for Augustan Age...
I'm stuffed for society. Have no idea how to study anymore, just staring blankly at notes, read through them about 20 times today alone. And I hope its not goddamn private buildings, I have little on that. You bring up a good point about Caligula though, must have overlooked that; if we got that question it'd be ahmazing.

Last edited:

Venom.

HSC
I'm in the exact position... but I have 3 more topics to learn in like 10 hours, and have 3 other exams this week... 2 of them being maths.. fuck me.
If you don't already have notes..that's gonna be very tough.

Book Freak

Whovian
HSC
I recon maybe something on religion for P & H, possibly street layout, and we all know there'll be SOMETHING on social and ethical issues or methods of conservation and restoration

Katherwin

HSC
Sparta, maybe the army, agoge or women, but I cant remember whats been asked recently, so that might have been asked last year? I'm hoping for one on festivals or myths and legends, so hopefully that. Cleopatra could be anything... I'd really like manner and impact of death and ancient and modern interpretation of her. That'd make my day. The Fall of the Roman Republic, however, is going to kill me. So much confusing content. I'm predicting Second Triumvirate maybe, though. One on Caesar fighting in Gaul and Germany would kill me, so if it is, hopefully the other option kicks ass. Haha, I'm probably gonna go in and ALL of my predictions will be wrong. :p

Venom.

HSC
What's the usual raw mark needed for band 6?
I'm gonna take a random guess and say 83/84. Because its on par'ish with Bio in terms of difficulty, maybe a bit easier, and Bio needs about 82 raw to get a band 6.

nada92

Gotti Teiknadi <3
HSC
If you don't already have notes..that's gonna be very tough.
I don't have notes for half of pompeii, although i don't remember half the shit i already wrote about pompeii. P + H is gonna bring me down ....

Thecorey0

HSC
What's the usual raw mark needed for band 6?

In 2004 it was 83.

I predict private hourses for the 4-marker, the economy for the 8-marker and issues of conservation/reconstruction for the 10 marker. For those doing Hatshepsut, I predict a building program for 10 marks and an assess question for 15 marks. For New Kingdom Egypt, I have absolutely no idea. For Punic wars I am expecting something on the Barcid Dynasty and the changing military tactics of the period.

Last edited:

RBKSoulja

HSC
yep exact same position >< ive got music on tuesday after maths too, which im kinda prepared for >< math = f*cken fail

but if i cram enough today (which im ok at doing =p=p) hopefully ill get that 83/84. My internal mark was 90 so hopefully im set. the only thing is, everything since the trials have vanished from my brain in a puff of smoke (no, i dont smoke joints, aiite??)

for sparta so far theyve asked helots, women x2 (2006 + 2008), Lucurgronk's reforms, Syssitia/Sissy-shire, religion and gods, agoge and role of kings

good luck pplz

tiff4bron1992

HSC
Hey i was wondering if any really nice person would wanna give me quick summary notes for ancient. im studying Sparta, Ag and Augustan Age =[Im stressing out majorly and lost my notes somewhere in my very messy room, i would really appreciate some notes hey even if you have just quick summaries PLEASE help!! Email me imgladimnotacow@hotmail.com and let me know on here if you can PLEASE =]

elliegrace

HSC
Hey i was wondering if any really nice person would wanna give me quick summary notes for ancient. im studying Sparta, Ag and Augustan Age =[Im stressing out majorly and lost my notes somewhere in my very messy room, i would really appreciate some notes hey even if you have just quick summaries PLEASE help!! Email me imgladimnotacow@hotmail.com and let me know on here if you can PLEASE =]
why dont you go one the resoucres page and get them.. they are all there!!!!

mamoz

HSC
yep exact same position >< ive got music on tuesday after maths too, which im kinda prepared for >< math = f*cken fail

but if i cram enough today (which im ok at doing =p=p) hopefully ill get that 83/84. My internal mark was 90 so hopefully im set. the only thing is, everything since the trials have vanished from my brain in a puff of smoke (no, i dont smoke joints, aiite??)

for sparta so far theyve asked helots, women x2 (2006 + 2008), Lucurgronk's reforms, Syssitia/Sissy-shire, religion and gods, agoge and role of kings

good luck pplz
at least u dnt have maths and ancient on the samee frken daiie! im so dreadin tomrws 2 exams.. i havent prepared enough for the both of them, the only thing i can do is not sleep tonitee but to buckle down and study for the both of them... ahh spartaa i hope they dnt ask lykurguss or women... im hopin for rolee of armyy or the polictial structure coz i dnt think they've asked dat for the last question.. andd for hatshepsut im hopin for was she a typicall pharaoh type question and sum other easy question lol .. for greek development between 800-500 bc i wish theres a question about 'democracy'! =) lool and pompeii and herculaum faark dat i know imma fail dat part lol

JB10

HSC
I think the questions for Pompeii will range from the following sections (not including the 10 marker on excavation stuff)Public Buildings, Private Buildings, Political Structure, Religion, Social Structure, Everyday life.If I had to guess I'd say the 4 marker will be on a particular public building (forum, palaestra, something like that) or possibly the typical Pompeiian house.8 marker will be on the Political Structure, Religion or Everyday Life.Could be anything though, I really hope they weren't bastards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)