Predict my ATAR? (1 Viewer)

tvskAXatar

HSC
Just received my school’s mid-year report.

English Advanced
Rank 19/65

Mathematics Advanced
Rank 16/48

Geography
Rank 2/29

Biology
Rank 10/30

Economics
Rank 8/26

Is it possible that these ranks might translate into a 95+ ATAR? Also, I don’t have specific information on marks yet as I’ve been told a lot of marks have been moderated/modified.

jonolad69

HSC

English Advanced
Rank 19/65

Mathematics Advanced
Rank 16/48

Geography
Rank 2/29

Biology
Rank 10/30

Economics
Rank 8/26

Is it possible that these ranks might translate into a 95+ ATAR? Also, I don’t have specific information on marks yet as I’ve been told a lot of marks have been moderated/modified.
You gotta check how many b6s your school gets on hscninja

elliott07

HSC

English Advanced
Rank 19/65

Mathematics Advanced
Rank 16/48

Geography
Rank 2/29

Biology
Rank 10/30

Economics
Rank 8/26

If your in a rank 1-200 school then yes a 95 atar is very achievable. nonetheless you should be working to push your raking up before trials to really put you in a solid position to get 95+

spiderfan44

HSC

tvskAXatar

HSC
Would be great if people actually took this thread seriously and gave me a number

carrotsss

HSC
that’s not how ATAR calculators work, you can’t just plug in raw marks let alone raw marks from school assessments

tvskAXatar

HSC
that’s not how ATAR calculators work, you can’t just plug in raw marks let alone raw marks from school assessments
I know, but is it possible to estimate my ATAR from the ranks specified in the OP post?

carrotsss

HSC
I know, but is it possible to estimate my ATAR from the ranks specified in the OP post?
we can’t without knowledge of how many b6s your school gets in each subject or at least its ranking

for all we know right now you could go to James ruse and be setup for a 99+ ATAR or go to mt druit and be set up for like a mystery mark

carrotsss

HSC
ik, but im assuming they would also have assessment marks
??? that’s still not how ATAR calculators work you can’t just put in marks from random assessments

atar calculators are designed for your overall hsc marks, which are based on your moderated school assessment marks and aligned exam marks which are both very different from your raw school assessment marks (which are moderated based on your schools exam performance in the subject to make things fair) and raw exam marks (which are increased based on band descriptors to the band they fit in)

iloveeggs

HSC

English Advanced
Rank 19/65

Mathematics Advanced
Rank 16/48

Geography
Rank 2/29

Biology
Rank 10/30

Economics
Rank 8/26

like other ppl already mentioned, it really depends on your school and how many band 6s they get in the subjects you're doing. just a random question, are there actually around 30 ish ppl in your cohorts? ive never heard of cohorts that small for bio, eco and 2u math, not that i have a lot of knowledge about that stuff but i though those were pretty popular subjects in most schools loll

if you want to see how many kids in your school got band 6s in a particular subject and year, use this atar calculator (https://www.hscninja.com/atar-calculator) and input your school. if you input your subjects and a random mark for each it will give you the number of kids that got band 6s in the previous year for each subject. dont use the atar calculator for an atar estimate tho, like other ppl have been saying you cant really do that with half yearly marks let alone just ranks lol

using that number you can estimate how your cohort will fare in terms of b6s and then guess where you will fall in that cohort. hope that helps!

aqwerty13402

HSC
just a random question, are there actually around 30 ish ppl in your cohorts?
i can speak to the small cohors lol. My whole grade only has 60ish people. Half of the electives (Japanese and a few others) didn't run bc only 1-2 people picked them. Even my geo class before i dropped only had 5 people lol

spiderfan44

HSC
??? that’s still not how ATAR calculators work you can’t just put in marks from random assessments

atar calculators are designed for your overall hsc marks, which are based on your moderated school assessment marks and aligned exam marks which are both very different from your raw school assessment marks (which are moderated based on your schools exam performance in the subject to make things fair) and raw exam marks (which are increased based on band descriptors to the band they fit in)
thx

iloveeggs

HSC
i can speak to the small cohors lol. My whole grade only has 60ish people. Half of the electives (Japanese and a few others) didn't run bc only 1-2 people picked them. Even my geo class before i dropped only had 5 people lol
interesting. my grade has around 160 kids and my school also hates us, so they only allow larger classes/cohorts or else subjects/classes dont run, and my grades kids chose the same kind of subjects so we have some subjects like 2u math, eco, bio, chem and advanced english with massive cohorts loll

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)