predict my uai pls? at least try... (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
i guess the key thing now is self motivation. even if you have crappy teachers you can still do well. our school is pretty much a testament to that

Estel

Tutor
HSC
lol well our english/math teachers are alrite... pity same can't be said for the sci faculty

was 99.6 the very top? anybody get higher? was a huge plunge after dat? *scribbles notes on personal uai predictions*

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
there was 99.6, then i think it went down gradually... after that i heard of 99.15's and 98.95's, but i didnt ask everyone specifically about UAIs so I don't know the full deal.

I think if you ask Ms Lim, she should be able to give you more info about Sefton's statistics for the class of 03. I was planning on coming and asking about it.

Anyhoo, time to go make spring rolls =D

Giant Lobster

HSC
Originally posted by babydoll_
Anna was a cross country champ, she was Senior Prefect, did Duke of Edinburgh and she did volunteer work for the community too
ohhhh...

ok.

lil tiger

Well seems like a 'smarter year' at the sefton
If last year there were 99.6s with different ppl topping different subjects, and now there lobster tops 8 of the units, i would say 99.8-99.9 depending on English ranks
But i'm no UAI predictor, only using logic

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Heh well when I was in Yr 7 we kinda linked the intelligence of the upper grades with their ability to play Magic: The Gathering.

That theory crashed last year with the horrendous performance of the '03rs. You 04'ers are absolutely pathetic, and have always been absolutely pathetic...

... at that card game.... cursed inverse relationship...
*quits Magic*

I think that Giant can get 100 and I really hope does (to give me confidence that I can reach my target), simply because he has such a clear advantage over everyone else in every subject other than English, and if he can get a 94 or 95 in it for the HSC, 100 is all in his hands.

Giant Lobster

HSC
nah dont think ill get 100 with my MTG skills :p
i need to be thrice the nerd i am now.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
you're doing quite well atm, if your English marks and ranks improve you'll be a superstar
the reason there were no 99.95s was probably because of ranks...
i think pigs_can_fly and Sefton Aerospace boy got similar marks, but because pigs's school (Sydney Boys) had better overall ranks it pulled him up

Wohzazz

HSC
Originally posted by babydoll_

the reason there were no 99.95s was probably because of ranks...
i think pigs_can_fly and Sefton Aerospace boy got similar marks, but because pigs's school (Sydney Boys) had better overall ranks it pulled him up
I thought that if you came first in all your subjects, you won't be affected by your school's perfomance because you assessments marks are basically your scaled exam marks. It is only the people who score in the middle rankings of the school that are most affected. I think pigs_can_fly had harder exams and probably did more well in the externals.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
"I thought that if you came first in all your subjects, you won't be affected by your school's perfomance because you assessments marks are basically your scaled exam marks. "

But the point is...
They haven't gotten first in all their subjects.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
u only get ur own marks if u come first in ur school in internals, and get the highest mark in ur school for the external exam. if u slip in either of these, then ur mark will be influenced by the calibre of the cohort at ur school

in either case, i think giant lobster is in a very good position to get 100, and i hope he does. it would be good publicity for BOS ;)
but in any case, it won't matter if he misses it by just a bit, cos he'll be able to do any course he wants (with the exception of med at unsw), and if he chooses to go to usyd, and study a degree in ecos and bus (eg. comm/law), there's a good chance he'll get a lucrative scholarship

so yeah. good luck to u, and come to usyd! :p

Giant Lobster

HSC
but in any case, it won't matter if he misses it by just a bit, cos he'll be able to do any course he wants (with the exception of med at unsw), and if he chooses to go to usyd, and study a degree in ecos and bus (eg. comm/law), there's a good chance he'll get a lucrative scholarship
Yeah Mr.Dux I think ur referring to urself there :p Did u get a "lucrative" scholarship by any chance? Hows it go?

damn scholarships own...

Estel

Tutor
HSC
He got a $5k a year one I presume, the one you get if you managed to notch a 99.95/100

Cursed medicine and it's no scholarships...

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
yeah i'm on that one
but the ecos and bus offers alot, i mean ALOT, of scholarships
and take it from me, usyd OWNZ unsw :D:p

Estel

Tutor
HSC
I would agree, if they had Medicine for undergrads! Who wants to be a blood sucking commerce and economics student or *gasp* lawyer? :p

Did I offend anyone? :)

Giant Lobster

HSC
see, the classic comm/law combo would also be on my "to-do" list if only I weren't so anti-humanitarian. Aerospace is my only goal atm... but its in Usyd. :. Usyd > Unsw, qed.

Wohzazz

HSC
Originally posted by Estel

But the point is...
They haven't gotten first in all their subjects.
Well lobster only missed out on English rankings
Originally posted by pigs_can_fly
u only get ur own marks if u come first in ur school in internals, and get the highest mark in ur school for the external exam. if u slip in either of these, then ur mark will be influenced by the calibre of the cohort at ur school

But not to a high degree. i mean getting ranked 1st in school will ensure the person the highest internal marks. That means you will ensure at least a tie first with the second ranked person in terms of scaled marks for that particular subject.

pigs_can_fly, as i recall didnt you come like first in like all your subjects? what made you miss 100?

Last edited:

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
hahaha no...i didn't top any subjects actually in the end

but for internals
i was english 1, ecos 3, maths 3u 4, maths 4u 12, phys 14, latin 2, latin ext 2

after externals it would've been about, english 2, ecos 2, maths 3u like 10, maths 4u, like top 10, phys like top 10, latin 2, latin ext 2

i think i missed 100 cos i put too much faith in my latin continuers, which scaled like crap and didn't end up counting. and so my phys counted, which i crammed like the day before the hsc exam. and cos i didn't get really high marks like 98 or 99, i was pretty consistent around 96 and 97

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)