Predict the 2005 Journeys Essay question (1 Viewer)

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
I anticipate an open ended question, to test candidates ability to be original, rather than simply copying. I also think it will be only 1 related text required, as they are perhaps realising that essentially 4 or 5 texts done properly in 40 minutes is not all that practical.

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
I think they'll ask something about discovery. I just hope they don't pull off some really ambiguous and hard to understand question.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
What do you think they'll ask this year guys?
I was thinking discovery or challenges

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
goan_crazy said:
What do you think they'll ask this year guys?
I was thinking discovery or challenges
I was thinking the same thing.
I was also thinking they might ask for a different text type like a feature article.

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
Im hoping its along the lines of the outcome of the journey overweighs the obstacles faced.

HSC
I'm going to cry if they ask for a feature article.. its always too forced having to write about textual features etc in article form

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Nahh, i think they can only ask us an essay? Hopefully because the only way they can ask for a feature article is through creative- and if so, im screwed. What the hell do you write for feature article in creative anyway?

As for the AOS journeys essay, i think it may be along the same lines as what Pop'N' fresh said or perhaps about catalysts?/i have no idea, but it better be something that isnt confusing :(.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
someone make a Predict the 2005 Journeys Section II - Creative question. If they make us do anything other than a short story, I'm going to cry.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
i always thought that they could ask any kind of form for the essay. im predicting its going to be a feature artcile or maybe a transcript...but i have no idea what the question might be.

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
PoP 'n' Fresh said:
Im hoping its along the lines of the outcome of the journey overweighs the obstacles faced.
thats like the opposite to last years they could do that to get a different side of things.
I hope not my texts dont have real outcomes.. they just move onto another journey..

fakingtheday

HSC
yeah but the questions are discuss so you can go either way and say that journeys are more important that the arrival. And i disagree, i believe it will be an essay to ain the greatest cross section. It allows everyone to go for their life with crazy words etc.

nwatts

HSC
taco man said:
I think they'll ask something about discovery. I just hope they don't pull off some really ambiguous and hard to understand question.
No, that's exactly what I'm hoping for.

I always seem to score well in the difficult questions, because you're arguing something more finite rather than commenting on the entire concept of journeys - which I'll get stuck on, because it's so broad!

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
nwatts said:
No, that's exactly what I'm hoping for.

I always seem to score well in the difficult questions, because you're arguing something more finite rather than commenting on the entire concept of journeys - which I'll get stuck on, because it's so broad!
Thats true- because by narrowing down, it allows you to kinda emphasis on specific points and you are assured that you know that the most relevant points to the question are usually included, as opposed to a broad-based question which doesnt really allow you to perhaps, provide an end to a wide discussion and makes you try and include everythinggg and thus, sometimes screw you up because you can get off track so easily. Also, it makes it hard to decide in exams what to say and what not to say. I don't think they will make people comment on the entire concept of journeys because, that is relatively much more easier as you can say and comment on anything. Plus, its the 2nd year of journeys and id doubt theyd want it easy for us this year. Narrowing it down will make it harder for those who have pre-prepared essays.

I really don't care but- hoping for something im prepared for and not some bullshit that makes me spend 20mins planning in the exam. Im hoping something like "discuss how journeys allow greater self-awareness" or something like that. So i can talk about characterisation :).

blue_eye_baby

HSC
apparently, last year, people ocomplained cos the questions werent direct enough....and that they were going to make it more direct this year ...win for us.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
blue_eye_baby said:
apparently, last year, people ocomplained cos the questions werent direct enough....and that they were going to make it more direct this year ...win for us.
How cruel.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Thats coz last year, it was the first year out
the difficulty will increase quite a bit! :(

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
blue_eye_baby said:
i liked the q last yr.

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
It's hard for the question to be specific, because something involving say, 'challenges', will relate better to the physical journey, so everyone who's doing other focuses (focii?) will complain. I'll laugh if they give us something like 'Journeys are all about learning' (which was our trial question, pfft.)

It's likely the question will ask for a different text type. Could it be the feature article? It appeared in the 2002 (or was it 2003) paper, so maybe not. Could it be a speech? An interview? A letter?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)