Predict the possible 2005 Modules King Lear Question (1 Viewer)

rama_v

HSC
I think it might be on themes, they havent really asked that last few years. Obviosuly it will involve productions/interpretations.

I still think it is going to be an essay, I hope so anyway ;)

Again, Im answering a question before its been asked :p

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
What do u think it will be this year?
and what text type

I think it could be a speech or article..
we had a letter for our trial!

I hope its not a character question

Its most prob gonna be on productions hopefully

Do u think it will be a question solely on just your intepretation of it?

What do u guys think?

Last edited:

SmileyCam

HSC
I think it'll be the generic question asking how it has been interpreted in different contexts, but it probably won't be an essay/discussion, maybe a report or like goan_crazy said, a speech

serge

HSC
i think maybe a conversation again, or if they really wanna test people
a feature article

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
guys, don't worry so much about the format - that's not the most important part of the question. just remember to look at the rubric of the question: whatever questions they ask, the rubric essentially stays the same - and, since this is what tells you what you will be marked on in a marking breakdown, it's important that you focus on whatever it tells you

serge

HSC
silvermoon said:
guys, don't worry so much about the format - that's not the most important part of the question. just remember to look at the rubric of the question: whatever questions they ask, the rubric essentially stays the same - and, since this is what tells you what you will be marked on in a marking breakdown, it's important that you focus on whatever it tells you
If they tell you to discuss two scenes, do you still have to mention reception over time?

because the syllabus has so much in it, I dont know if I should just abandon parts
of my essay if they steer it away from certain sections

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
I bet it'll ask about a specific character, with reference to a specific scene, in some obscure format like... I dunno, a haiku or something.

Then we'll all be fucked.

sly fly

HSC
I'm guessing a feature article or letter.....not sure of the q. What q's did everyone have for their trial? Mine was a really stupid q about being the sydney theatre company hiring you as their director and to make a convincing argument of some sort - or something equally cracked, can't really remember. It wasn't even clear what format we were to write in so I just wrote it as a letter.

serge

HSC
even if they change the format for lear,
that just means Module A and C will be simple essay-form
so its not a matter of what they change it too
but which module you're worst at already

pmr_123

HSC
i'm not fussed with the format of the question, but i was reading through some other threads on king lear, and some of them say that you have to know two different versions of king lear. we only learnt one... am i screwed?

serge

HSC
depends on what you mean by VERSION

reading, criticism or production?

pmr_123

HSC
which production, we onlt studied one, but in many of the questions it asks for you to refer to at least two

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
irnie said:
my prediction= it will be a feature article about the fool
My prediction = It will not be a feature article about the fool.

silvermoon said:
ahh doll, don't worry. HSC is not the be-all and end-all! and i guarantee they won't ask you to write a haiku...if they do i so owe you the biggest chocolate muffin i can find :p
*bribes BoS to make the paper ask for a haiku*

Last edited:

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Why don't you just ask someone from Coffs Harbour? :p

I have a very strong feeling that it will be based on YOUR interpretation of Lear...a question similar to a Journeys questions; like...how has your study of other productions of King Lear affected your interpretation of Lear? Make reference to at least TWO scenes and at least TWO productions.

I really do believe we'll be asked to go in-depth about our own views on the text...it seems to be something that they're looking for, and from a markers point of view, will probably be a lot more fun as there will be a greater variety of responses.

I'm crapping on by the way.

serge

HSC
pmr_123 said:
which production, we onlt studied one, but in many of the questions it asks for you to refer to at least two
i guess its time to cram then

Captain pi

HSC
2005 Question

Section II – Module B: Critical Study of Texts

Question 3 — William Shakespeare: The Tragedy of King Lear
(20 marks)

You are been selected to play the part of Oswald (but only in Act I) to a group of kindergarten students.

Write a speech outlining how you intend to play the part. This speech is to be spoken to your audience prior to the play.

In your response, refer to at least TWO scenes from the prescribed text.

Actually I think it will be very similar, but it will refer to Lear, not Oswald :)p).

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Captain pi said:
Section II – Module B: Critical Study of Texts

Question 3 — William Shakespeare: The Tragedy of King Lear
(20 marks)

You are been selected to play the part of Oswald (but only in Act I) to a group of kindergarten students.

Write a speech outlining how you intend to play the part. This speech is to be spoken to your audience prior to the play.

In your response, refer to at least TWO scenes from the prescribed text.

Actually I think it will be very similar, but it will refer to Lear, not Oswald :)p).
hehe... Oswald. He ain't does scrap.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Hmm..I'm hoping that it will be an interview or essay =p though if they ask for some thing like a letter or some kind of role-play, then that will most certainly complicate alot of things xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)