Predicted ATAR and Marks (1 Viewer)

osciggyz

HSC
Could anyone provide me with some estimations of what atar and hsc marks i will get as i am kind of worried right now. The raw marks and ranks as follow (fyi: ive completed my trials and my school is ranked in the top 250):

Economics:
Mark: 82 Rank: 3/15
Chemistry:
Mark: 80 Rank: 1/32
Advanced English:
Mark: 76 Rank: 17/63
Maths Ext 1:
Mark: 81 Rank: 1/21
Maths Ext 2:
Mark: 73 Rank: 1/6

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
With your current ranks (most of which are pretty good), I believe you may be looking at a high 80's ATAR (around 88 ATAR to be precise). Having your current ranks as your final ranks would put you in a favourable position as you approach the HSC exam. What is left at that point is to study hard and thoroughly prepare for your HSC exams as performing well in your HSC exams guarantees good HSC exam marks, which constitute a great contribution to your already favourable internal position, which will ultimately allow you to achieve an ATAR potentially higher than that estimated (90+).

I hope this helps! :D

osciggyz

HSC
With your current ranks (most of which are pretty good), I believe you may be looking at a high 80's ATAR (around 88 ATAR to be precise). Having your current ranks as your final ranks would put you in a favourable position as you approach the HSC exam. What is left at that point is to study hard and thoroughly prepare for your HSC exams as performing well in your HSC exams guarantees good HSC exam marks, which constitute a great contribution to your already favourable internal position, which will ultimately allow you to achieve an ATAR potentially higher than that estimated (90+).

I hope this helps! :D
Those were my raw marks. Not my fixated marks. Is there anyway to calculate raw marks?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Those were my raw marks. Not my fixated marks. Is there anyway to calculate raw marks?
Yep, you can use https://rawmarks.info/ which allows you to gain an idea of what your exam marks/raw marks will approximately be based on students that got the same raw marks/exam marks as you in each of your subjects.

osciggyz

HSC
Yep, you can use which allows you to gain an idea of what your exam marks/raw marks will approximately be based on students that got the same raw marks/exam marks as you in each of your subjects.
Yessss thankyou. So thats were everyone gets the raw marks, thankyou so much

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Could anyone provide me with some estimations of what atar and hsc marks i will get as i am kind of worried right now. The raw marks and ranks as follow (fyi: ive completed my trials and my school is ranked in the top 250):

Economics:
Mark: 82 Rank: 3/15
Chemistry:
Mark: 80 Rank: 1/32
Advanced English:
Mark: 76 Rank: 17/63
Maths Ext 1:
Mark: 81 Rank: 1/21
Maths Ext 2:
Mark: 73 Rank: 1/6
You can check how many b6 your school got in each subject and put in approximate marks based on that. E.g. if 3 people get b6 in economics each year you can probably put a 90 into the atar calc for econ. If all 6 people get one for MX2 maybe you can put in a 95 for example.

osciggyz

HSC
Yep, you can use which allows you to gain an idea of what your exam marks/raw marks will approximately be based on students that got the same raw marks/exam marks as you in each of your subjects.
Holy crap... According to the atar calculator with my adjusted marks, im on track on getting a 97 atar.... Genuinely really surprised it was that high

osciggyz

HSC
You can check how many b6 your school got in each subject and put in approximate marks based on that. E.g. if 3 people get b6 in economics each year you can probably put a 90 into the atar calc for econ. If all 6 people get one for MX2 maybe you can put in a 95 for example.
Thats a great idea. our school hasnt gotten a band 6 in ext 2 since 2005 according to my ext 1 teacher. Is that a problem? And also our school averages 1-2 b6 in chem and 5 b6 in eco. So does that mean i have a highly probable outcome of achieving a b6 in both?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Holy crap... According to the atar calculator with my adjusted marks, im on track on getting a 97 atar.... Genuinely really surprised it was that high
Well, that would definitely be an amazing achievement! You should definitely do your best in your HSC exams. Who knows how well you could end up performing 👀🤞

quickoats

HSC
I will note that the raw marks refer to the raw HSC exam marks, not the in-school weighted marks, so they’re probably not the most accurate (don’t want to rain on ur parade by don’t go in expecting 97 lol). Try looking at your schools band 6 count and “guessing” the ballpark where your HSC marks may land.

osciggyz

HSC
I will note that the raw marks refer to the raw HSC exam marks, not the in-school weighted marks, so they’re probably not the most accurate (don’t want to rain on ur parade by don’t go in expecting 97 lol). Try looking at your schools band 6 count and “guessing” the ballpark where your HSC marks may land.
Fair enough

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)