predictions for 2020 hsc geography (1 Viewer)

sarah10123

HSC
I'm thinking:
Urban places- challenges + responses of living in mega cities
Ecosystems- effectiveness of traditional + contemporary management strategies
People + Eco Activity- environmental, economic and social impacts of ... OR specific to the case study something about internal + external linkages

I don't know though, these are just really simple focuses of questions they just haven't been brought up for a few years so that's why I was thinking them. What do you think?

Last edited:

andeeeeeeee

HSC
I'm thinking:
Urban dynamics- challenges + responses of living in mega cities
Ecosystems- effectiveness of traditional + contemporary management strategies
People + Eco Activity- environmental, economic and social impacts of ... OR specific to the case study something about internal + external linkages
lmao my predicitions would be almost exactly the same, damn.

on the other hand though, there's a good chance that more obscure dot points/dashes come up (see: nature/rate of change, dominance/dependence, nearly anything from the "large city from the developed world" case study), as well as the "global changes" dash from people + eco activity

sarah10123

HSC
lmao my predicitions would be almost exactly the same, damn.

on the other hand though, there's a good chance that more obscure dot points/dashes come up (see: nature/rate of change, dominance/dependence, nearly anything from the "large city from the developed world" case study), as well as the "global changes" dash from people + eco activity
oh no way hahah must be decent predicitions then :)
yeah was actually thinking that- they could do something about covid for global changes under people + eco activity ?? (but getting the feeling that'll be a short answer)

Do you think they'd do just dominance and dependence as an entire specific essay question? that one also seems like a short answer question to me idk though.

But yes agree that they could also very likely ask anything from the "large city from the developed world" case study for urban places

andeeeeeeee

HSC
oh no way hahah must be decent predicitions then :)
yeah was actually thinking that- they could do something about covid for global changes under people + eco activity ?? (but getting the feeling that'll be a short answer)

Do you think they'd do just dominance and dependence as an entire specific essay question? that one also seems like a short answer question to me idk though.

But yes agree that they could also very likely ask anything from the "large city from the developed world" case study for urban places
let's hope so! a challenge/response essay would be right up everyone's alley imo

Yeah who knows when it comes to global changes - it's been quite a regular over the last 20 years :)

I agree that dominance/dependence leans towards being more of a short answer question, but it has come up (2005 i think?) before. Either way it's not too bad once you get your head around it ig, at least I found it relatively straightforward once scaffolded out.

teddy123

HSC
I'm avoiding the urban places topic for essays like a plague because i can just feel a culture of place, or demise of small town essay coming.

andeeeeeeee

HSC
yes it has been regular and I know everyone says the papers were written before corona but my trial paper had a question on covid sooo? unless the trials are written later idk

yeah ig so it's not too difficult to understand just would be a bit annoying to answer as an essay when you can answer it in like a few sentences hahah
if your school wrote your trial, chances are it was less than a couple weeks before you took the exam - if it was an independent/cssa, it'd more likely be a couple of months out.

I'd highly doubt that they'd make it so specific, rather they'd continue with the good old syllabus excerpts that they always use :))

andeeeeeeee

HSC
my school did the independent paper so idk but either way just gotta make sure to have something to say about covid just in case :)) (also hate how it automatically makes the smiley an emoji i like it like this : ))
and yes i agree probably a standard syllabus excerpt as usual
ahh yeah fair fair, it could be an add-in by you teacher though (mine was based off of the independent but had a lot of reshuffling - we barely did anything on eco activity when we had our trial lmaoo)

also same! not a fan of the emojis at all ;(

andeeeeeeee

HSC
yeah true my school could've changed it i'm pretty sure they changed the essay questions so it's not unlikely that they did an entire reshuffle of the rest of the paper too.
oh no way hahah how come no eco activity? thats my least favourite topic I would've loved that paper
oh my did you just crack the code hahaha if you put a colon instead of semi ;)
we went through the content all the way till the end of term 3, bc of that we only were starting the beestop factors when we got to trials lolol

the wink LMAO - the emoji thing is really inconsistent though so idek what's going on :)

sarah10123

HSC
we went through the content all the way till the end of term 3, bc of that we only were starting the beestop factors when we got to trials lolol

the wink LMAO - the emoji thing is really inconsistent though so idek what's going on :)
ah okay yeah we finished content just in time for trials but that didn't really leave much time to consolidate and memorise those topics we did at the very end but whatever
yeah idek anymore with the emojis hahaha lets just keep it at : ) the space makes it okay

andeeeeeeee

HSC
ah okay yeah we finished content just in time for trials but that didn't really leave much time to consolidate and memorise those topics we did at the very end but whatever
yeah idek anymore with the emojis hahaha lets just keep it at : ) the space makes it okay
ahhh yeah I see, since my class is accelerated we're just going through with revision all the way up till thursday : ) (i'm not planning on attending for any of this coming week for 'some' reason though)

and yeah factsss, it's only mildly cursed that way 😌

sarah10123

HSC
ahhh yeah I see, since my class is accelerated we're just going through with revision all the way up till thursday : ) (i'm not planning on attending for any of this coming week for 'some' reason though)

and yeah factsss, it's only mildly cursed that way 😌
oh that's so good tho you get heaps of time to speak to your teacher and get stuff marked and that before the exam but yes hahah can see why you'd have 'some' sort of inability to attend school for the week
oh what how'd you do that one
🤩 omg there's a whole thing i didn't even realise
i hate them all HAHAH

andeeeeeeee

HSC
f time to speak to your teacher and get stuff marked and that before the exam but yes hahah can see why you'd have 'some' sort of inability t
yeah it's been pretty mint having this approach for accels, you really get heaps of one on one feedback as a result

and ikr 😍
i'm pretty sure there's commands for all of them - i just take wild guesses when typing though

andeeeeeeee

HSC
yea that's mad and then do you get to do less units for year 12?
hahah imagine getting feedback! my teacher has lost all interest and care for us doesn't reply to our emails or anything 😬 omg if you put a colon and then type some letters it comes up with emoji suggestions this is 🐺 (was looking for wow there but got wolf instead)
yeah i do! since i'm doing 2 accels i should be allowed to drop down to 8u next year hahaha

and yeah my teacher's a bit of a gun in that sense, she's been giving back like 5 marked responses every lesson, it's insaneee

oh yeah i've heard about that, i'm pretty sure a few other apps use that too lmao 😌

sarah10123

HSC
yeah i do! since i'm doing 2 accels i should be allowed to drop down to 8u next year hahaha

and yeah my teacher's a bit of a gun in that sense, she's been giving back like 5 marked responses every lesson, it's insaneee

oh yeah i've heard about that, i'm pretty sure a few other apps use that too lmao 😌
thats so good you'll have so much more time to focus on your year twelve units then - amazing

oh wow i can only imagine! mine does absolutely nothing he doesn't care at all 😤 literally ignores everyone
enjoying these emojis now hahah 🐳

teddy123

HSC
I just mapped out the past essay questions and i feel a biophysical interactions one coming up. Management has come up 5 times since 2011 and human impacts/natural stress 4 times. Biophysical has only come up in once in 2016. Idk though

moon_princess

HSC
i am going to go all in for analyse one o the urban dynamics of change operating in a country turn or a suburb as it only came out twice after i researched all the papers from 2001!

teddy123

HSC
That was a really good exam. I predicted the economic enterprise question and the ecosystems one was pretty good as well. The only question that stumped me was the last skills one on the photograph.

andeeeeeeee

HSC
thats so good you'll have so much more time to focus on your year twelve units then - amazing

oh wow i can only imagine! mine does absolutely nothing he doesn't care at all 😤 literally ignores everyone
enjoying these emojis now hahah 🐳
yeah it's gonna be dope once i'm done w all of these :))

I'm lowkey disappointed in those essays, they asked the easiest possible options istggggg (apart from linkages ofc)

i'm fairly comfortable w the exam as a whole though, so hopefully it's allg 😌

how'd you go?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)