Predictions for Chemistry 2014 HSC? (1 Viewer)

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Darn autocorrect. Always tampering with what an individual wants to say :p
It's a struggle haha.

If anyone is desperate as I am to not do (in my case, start... eek) English study, I like this question from 2010. It's not difficult, but it's phrased differently than you'd expect.

In the margarine industry, alkenes are often hydrogenated to convert unsaturated oils into solid fats that have a greater proportion of saturated molecules. Using ethene as an example, write an equation for this reaction and state the type of reaction this represents.

HSC
It's a struggle haha.

If anyone is desperate as I am to not do (in my case, start... eek) English study, I like this question from 2010. It's not difficult, but it's phrased differently than you'd expect.

In the margarine industry, alkenes are often hydrogenated to convert unsaturated oils into solid fats that have a greater proportion of saturated molecules. Using ethene as an example, write an equation for this reaction and state the type of reaction this represents.

Would it be wrong if someone said hydrogenation?

SuchSmallHands

HSC
I think the use of the word 'hydrogenation' and all that stuff about margarine would have thrown quite a few people to be honest. It definitely would have in my class.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
If hydrogenation is your only answer then no. You must mention addition reaction mainly, and then you can say hydrogenation as a second thing.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
okey

calculation question pls
Faisal Abdul wanted to find out how much ammonia was in his pee, so he titrated 25ml aliquots of his pee with 0.020M HCl 4 times.
The volume of the titres was as follows:
1. 27.98ml
2. 28.78ml
3. 27.78ml
4. 27.65ml

What was the concentration of ammonia in his pee?

HSC
Faisal Abdul wanted to find out how much ammonia was in his pee, so he titrated 25ml aliquots of his pee with 0.020M HCl 4 times.
The volume of the titres was as follows:
1. 27.98ml
2. 28.78ml
3. 27.78ml
4. 27.65ml

What was the concentration of ammonia in his pee?
no k

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)