Predictions for Eng. advanced questions 2022?? (1 Viewer)

Vall

HSC
My tutor reckons mod C might be a prescribed discursive (here's hoping haha, if they prescribe persuasive I'll cry, and creative is personally not ideal either).
our english teachers seem to think that NESA can only prescribe a creative or otherwise they have to give us a choice cause apparently that's what has been in the sample Q's.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
My tutor reckons mod C might be a prescribed discursive (here's hoping haha, if they prescribe persuasive I'll cry, and creative is personally not ideal either).
Tbh i just did a creative first and memorised it and just a discursive thats leaning persuasive as a backup just in case they throw a ONLY discursive and/or persuasive. Cbf about mod c tbh more worried for my CM essay

HSC
N/A
our english teachers seem to think that NESA can only prescribe a creative or otherwise they have to give us a choice cause apparently that's what has been in the sample Q's.
Im under the same impression, creative writing is like a talent for some people I doubt they would throw that option away and make us do the least creative thing.

cyniczny

HSC
our teachers gave us the independent paper from this year to look at and it was horrible - in mod a it asked you to identify in your response which text you personally preferred more, and in mod b you had to write three journal entries about your text which is achievable imo but it's definitely a massive curveball. the worst part is that apparently the indi paper has been right in predicting the hsc before, so now everyone's sorta terrified

goblinslayer

HSC
I think Mod A this year might be easier - so general question, and then Module B will be a text-specific question about how it portrays the certain motif of the author you're studying.
for ts eliot do u think they’ll specify a poem, or give us a chunky extract and let us write whatever we want?

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
for ts eliot do u think they’ll specify a poem, or give us a chunky extract and let us write whatever we want?
if they give you an extract, you are going to have to discuss it anyways.... it's also likely they will enforce us to discuss the poem in the extract than not....

goblinslayer

HSC
if they give you an extract, you are going to have to discuss it anyways.... it's also likely they will enforce us to discuss the poem in the extract than not....
have you made any guesses on which poem they could potentially prescribe?

need 99.95

HSC
what are the chances of plagirism??? can i just memorise an essay I found and write it? or do i run the chance of getting caught

4321suomynona

HSC
our teachers gave us the independent paper from this year to look at and it was horrible - in mod a it asked you to identify in your response which text you personally preferred more, and in mod b you had to write three journal entries about your text which is achievable imo but it's definitely a massive curveball. the worst part is that apparently the indi paper has been right in predicting the hsc before, so now everyone's sorta terrified
can u send that paper

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
what are the chances of plagirism??? can i just memorise an essay I found and write it? or do i run the chance of getting caught
I mean I wouldn’t know lol. Do you want to be patient 0?
Also if you’re plagiarising an exemplar, the likelihood also goes up. From what I’ve heard, NESA keeps a few papers which are indicative of different mark/band levels.

G_1

HSC
probably at least 1000. maybe a little longer than other modules but we have 45 minutes instead of 40 for it
bruhhh everyone in my grade has over 1200 words for all modules 😋 😋 😋

Auzendriel

HSC
I think Mod A this year might be easier - so general question, and then Module B will be a text-specific question about how it portrays the certain motif of the author you're studying.
I agree with this ngl

MJRey

HSC
hmmm feel like Rhapsody, since many people will ignore that one and NESA hasn't really forced this since the new syllabus. But I can't say for sure!
Yes, I've been having the same thoughts. It's the most obscure out of all his poems, so it wouldn't surprise me.

d1zzyohs

HSC
Yes, I've been having the same thoughts. It's the most obscure out of all his poems, so it wouldn't surprise me.
I personally think hollow men is the most obscure; but I guess that's entirely subjective. It seems that usually if a text is prescribed, it's his later ones (Hollow or Magi), because those are the ones student's neglect the most (atleast that's what I've experienced in the trials I've done). I also think Magi and Hollow are the most conceptual and difficult ones; Rhapsody, and Prufrock being flaneur-style, journeys into the urban decay, and Preludes being vignettes of the city... but who knows! Guess we'll find out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)