Predictions for Essays (1 Viewer)

williams180

HSC
thats it man know the whole course and whatever they through at you will be a breeze. There is no way enviro question will be in it again as it was in last year and i would be shocked if they put such a joke of a question in this time.

atreus

HSC
from memory, the extended responses were on environment, the exchange rate, macro and micro policy, and something about protection/trade.

im guessing this yr something about inflation or unemployment, probably the external sector/CAD, the case study (chosen country) hasnt been done in a while either.

Conspirocy

HSC
-pari- said:
unless of course your school covered that with extreme incompetence and while you'll know it roughly, you intend to know everything else backwards so you can choose the other question. :eek:
yeah we had a comprehensive case study but I didn't study it. The there will be marks on globalisation in the multi choice and short answer so you should study and get those. But trying to do the case study question is a no no, too many people get done on that one. I did exactlly what you said knew everything else backwards and chose the policy question.

Also the only time I would do the globalisation question is if they specifically reffered it to Australia only, and not Australia and another country or another country as they have done in the past. The whole reason they make it a case study question is because there is not enough substance and theory taught in the course to answer the question just based on the economics. I would not recomend that question and I think studying for it is a complete waste of your time.

divyachaddha

HSC
the distribution of income question was in the catholic, independant and my trials....i think it is a likely question. even though catholic and independent say their exams are not reflective of the hsc, it s a bit too coincidental. it seems to be an important economic issue!

Conspirocy

HSC
divyachaddha said:
the distribution of income question was in the catholic, independant and my trials....i think it is a likely question. even though catholic and independent say their exams are not reflective of the hsc, it s a bit too coincidental. it seems to be an important economic issue!
that topic is two small by itself - u need something more like fiscal policy tacked onto it but again that would still be too small a question - ur right but i cant think off the top of my head what they will put with it - best bet would be to copy those questions

Milla212

HSC
I'm not sure if anybody has pointed out yet that this year is the first year that the case study has been made compulsary.
Before that is was an option in the syllabus.
Adding that to the fact it wasn't tested last year, = definately remember your case study essay.

Sloth -

HSC
Almost certain of a case study as everyone studied it this year. Also probably something topical like industrial reforms, exchange rates or interset rates.

Jerruy

HSC
since Case Study was done already as an assignment this year, i doubt it will be asked.

jb2007

HSC
I think there will be one on distribution of income, like mentioned before it was in the Catholic trials which indicates that they obviously think it's a likely possibility and a few eco teachers i've talked to think it's probable....But I'm going to have to revise my globalisation stuff, knowing my luck it'll be an essay question, I hope not. Hoping for one on the CAD...

Dave2007

HSC
The most likely 5...

Global aus (always pops up)

Global economy other than Aus (always pops up)

Inflation (teacher tipped it, seems to come every few years and is topical)

Labour Market/Unemployment (as for inflation)

Environment (topical)

And with the last 3 they will of course be able to combine the question with a discussion of micro/macro policies, impacts, etc...

Jerruy

HSC
band 6 essays in standards packages for Eco seem to be only 6-8 pages....where as in business they are often 14-18 pages.

Why is this?

luv.bubble

HSC
hey is it likely they could do two questions on globalisation and put it together?
for example, choose one question out of two:
- one on globalisation on country other than aus
- impacts of globalisation on external stability
where in both cases globalisation is the main focus and youre forced to choose one!!!!!!!...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)