• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Predictions for History Extension (4 Viewers)

pilot_djeddie

HSC
I saw her at one of the HTA talks; she seemed very good and intelligent.
Ah yes. Was it the one at Sydney uni earlier this year? If so, we may have bumped into each other unknowingly. I was the guy in one of the first lectures to argue that "neither KFC or McDonalds chips were good because of the economic conditions..."

L. Mandrake

HSC
Ah yes. Was it the one at Sydney uni earlier this year? If so, we may have bumped into each other unknowingly. I was the guy in one of the first lectures to argue that "neither KFC or McDonalds chips were good because of the economic conditions..."
I don't remember that (unfortunately) Sounds comical.

Gods_Spear

HSC
I hope not 🤞🤞
But I don't think so either. Nobody studies 3
This is what my teacher said about studying 2 debates (only taught his kids 1) when he saw the paper a few years ago apparently he began running through the halls yelling (he is a very old man). So not to say focus on 3 but maybe just do the tiniest little bit, at least look over it

Gods_Spear

HSC
i fucking hate my school 😭🙏 they pulled the same shit with modern history
My teacher teacher high key said its shit and the average is really bad compared to the other case studies, my heart goes out to you (it seems pretty interesting though)

Reactions: bcv

bcv

HSC
My teacher teacher high key said its shit and the average is really bad compared to the other case studies, my heart goes out to you (it seems pretty interesting though)
yh i bet, only one person last yr got an e4 for the subject in my school 😿 it's fine tho, it's my 11th unit so im not trying

L. Mandrake

HSC
i fucking hate my school 😭🙏 they pulled the same shit with modern history
My teacher does this with ancient, and says because it s so rare the head marker has to mark all of our class's responses because there's only two teachers that are put on to mark that part of the exam, and he is one of them.

L. Mandrake

HSC
Also, btw, the new history ext syllabus is saying bye-bye to Menzies and Whitlam, and welcoming Catherine the Great.

pilot_djeddie

HSC
Also, btw, the new history ext syllabus is saying bye-bye to Menzies and Whitlam, and welcoming Catherine the Great.
Yeah to be honest, those options are hella weird. Whitlam and Menzies are pretty well, meh. I think Catherine the Great is a better option. Have u checked out the new modern syllabus. If so, would love to hear your thoughts :)

L. Mandrake

HSC
Yeah to be honest, those options are hella weird. Whitlam and Menzies are pretty well, meh. I think Catherine the Great is a better option. Have u checked out the new modern syllabus. If so, would love to hear your thoughts :)
Yeah, I thought the best and most and significant changes for what I studied was for the CRM, also I thought that Democracy and dictatorship is simpler now, (which is good?). And the changes to Russia and Indochina seem pretty minimal.

L. Mandrake

HSC
Yeah, I thought the best and most and significant changes for what I studied was for the CRM, also I thought that Democracy and dictatorship is simpler now, (which is good?). And the changes to Russia and Indochina seem pretty minimal.
Getting rid of the League of nations and the un was the right idea.
And making brown v board explicit good too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)