• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Predictions for Maths Standard 2 exam? (2 Viewers)

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
I have a feeling this year is gonna be really hard because last years exam had so many tied firsts… I hope I’m wrong though. From what i’ve seen, one year there'll be heaps of ties and the next there’ll only be a few people who got first, because they’re trying to fix how hard/easy the exam was. Let’s just hope they keep it pretty easy 🙏 🙏 🙏

Aeonium

zero sugar, zero ice
HSC
N/A
I have a feeling this year is gonna be really hard because last years exam had so many tied firsts… I hope I’m wrong though. From what i’ve seen, one year there'll be heaps of ties and the next there’ll only be a few people who got first, because they’re trying to fix how hard/easy the exam was. Let’s just hope they keep it pretty easy 🙏 🙏 🙏
the thing is with math standard and 2u is that a lot of people will always get the same top mark. it's not worth it for NESA to focus on distinguish the minority of state rankers; they focus more on differentiating bands i'm pretty sure

katiekms

HSC
the thing is with math standard and 2u is that a lot of people will always get the same top mark. it's not worth it for NESA to focus on distinguish the minority of state rankers; they focus more on differentiating bands i'm pretty sure
trueee, but i guess even with that last years exam was much easier compared to others like the 2020. what do you mean by the first bit?

Aeonium

zero sugar, zero ice
HSC
N/A
trueee, but i guess even with that last years exam was much easier compared to others like the 2020. what do you mean by the first bit?
a fair few people get 100 raw so it's moreso awarded based off working out (and other math subjects apparently?)

katiekms

HSC
a fair few people get 100 raw so it's moreso awarded based off working out (and other math subjects apparently?)
ahh i see. so i was right about the working out, i said that earlier and got bashed for it bc they didn’t believe me 😭 im wondering how the other math subjects thing would work for standard or anyone who doesn’t do any other math

Aeonium

zero sugar, zero ice
HSC
N/A
ahh i see. so i was right about the working out, i said that earlier and got bashed for it bc they didn’t believe me 😭 im wondering how the other math subjects thing would work for standard or anyone who doesn’t do any other math
probably moreso for 2u/3u/4u

Demons

HSC
Not really, from all of the years till now there has only been consistently 2 people tied for rank 1

Check the spreadsheets on here:

They all only have 2 and 1 tied for equal first place in maths standard

Main exception was last year

katiekms

HSC
Not really, from all of the years till now there has only been consistently 2 people tied for rank 1

oh, maybe i’m remembering wrong mb

katiekms

HSC

403 error…

Demons

HSC
thank you!! but also, why was 2023 so much easier than other years?
you know what, all of the exams for 2023 were really easy like English, math and a lot of the other ones, guess they were just the golden children of NESA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)