Predictions for the 2005 Business studies paper (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I think the last extended response is not going to be on globalisation this year
they don't have to ask it. In 2003, they asked change and ER.
Marketing hasn't been asked since 2001, just a thought. They could ask that this year.
What do you guys think?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Without Wings said:
i think they will ask about all 5 topics in the extended response & report questions :) :p
Yes, as per the syllabus' requirement for the external exam.

Marketing imo is more suited to the report, as the stimulus and style suits the topic.

Globalisation is good in combination with other topics (i.e explain how a business can finance and market an overseas expansion.)

But really any topic could be used for either report or extended. ALL of them will be there. So be sure to study them all

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
exa_boi87 said:
Im preparing for change ... literally

Take from that what you wish. .... ;)
I'm preparing for a change
If the same ppl who wrote the legal paper do this one, who knows what we can expect :p
Hopefully it won't be something not on the syllabus :)

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
goan_crazy said:
I'm preparing for a change
If the same ppl who wrote the legal paper do this one, who knows what we can expect :p
Hopefully it won't be something not on the syllabus :)
lol good call- mabey they'll even ask for atleast 2 case studies, but who knows this year.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd reccommend you refer to at least 2 case studies anyway. One case study really isnt enough to cover 3 topics in detail. Some cases will suit each topic / Question better than others.

But yeh good call joe. Although after what happened in Legal, im sure they quickly checked all their other exams :p

Jexi

HSC
Twitch. If the same ppl who wrote Legal are writing Business well then, the syllabus is no longer classifed as 'reliable source'.

Anyways, I don't care what they throw for the last question as long as its not Finance. Personally I am praying for Marketing. <3333333 and BMC and Globalisation <333. I can't really make a prediction as it will likely be influenced by personal wishes :p but...Marketng :D and prolly HR. Though I can't see any connections between the two topics as of yet.

Okay I have no idea what i'm saying.

[trent]

HSC
I don't think the report will be on globalisation...

Section III -
Recomendations for a business wanting to go global (global, finance, ER)

Section IV -
Report on Marketing Strategies or Plan and Management or Change

as good a guess as any...

Moonlite

HSC
Jexi said:
Anyways, I don't care what they throw for the last question as long as its not Finance. Personally I am praying for Marketing.
I agree.... I hate Finance. It's like the worst topic to write an extended response on. Last year's Extended Response had Finance in it, so hopefully they won't ask it this year too. But then again, can we really trust the BOS? Hell no.

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
Breakdown:

Been in HSC Exam so far:

Global Business: 3 Times + Specimen Paper
ER: twice
Marketing: once
Change: once + Specimen Paper
Finance: once

For extended response i think Change and Marketing, because Global Business has been used too many times

chinkyeye

HSC
i'm only good @ ifnaical n change!!!!! plz mkae them more.. izzert true 40% of financial in da test... cos i heard sumfing bout that in calss ages ago..but i dunno if iwas thinking but da trial exam or wat???

~SeXcSuM~

HSC
chinkyeye said:
i'm only good @ ifnaical n change!!!!! plz mkae them more.. izzert true 40% of financial in da test... cos i heard sumfing bout that in calss ages ago..but i dunno if iwas thinking but da trial exam or wat???

what the hell does that mean...

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Well we'll all know come Wednesday morning =] I personally am not really planning for anything specific- I prefer stability/security over maximising marks if a particular type of question is asked.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
I'm just going to learn every topic thoroughly and know my case studies well. There's no way to predict what they're going to ask for in each extended response, but once you know the syllabus dot-points then you should be able to extrapolate an answer.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
~ ReNcH ~ said:
I'm just going to learn every topic thoroughly and know my case studies well. There's no way to predict what they're going to ask for in each extended response, but once you know the syllabus dot-points then you should be able to extrapolate an answer.

Yes precisely what im doing. Ive looked at each of the topics and put together a 1 page summary of each that could be turned into an essay. (basically just the syllabus dot points). The essays require you to just mostly regurgutate the syllabus anyway

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Rafy said:
Yes precisely what im doing. Ive looked at each of the topics and put together a 1 page summary of each that could be turned into an essay. (basically just the syllabus dot points). The essays require you to just mostly regurgutate the syllabus anyway
How long are you aiming to spend on each extended response? I'm hoping for a breakdown of 15/45/60/60, but if needs be I can cut down the latter two to around 50 but no further.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How long are you aiming to spend on each extended response? I'm hoping for a breakdown of 15/45/60/60, but if needs be I can cut down the latter two to around 50 but no further.
Yes, that breakdown is what i did in the trials. Usually i can get the first 2 sections completed in an hour. Multiple Choice section i AIM for 10 minutes, but allocate myself 15 minutes for them. (definately wont take the recommended 20 mins; thats far too long for M/C)

As for the essays, i'm used to doing essays in 50 minutes, so an hour for each allows pretty good detail.

Ataturk

you guys realise you are allowed to make up case studies if you want.
in my trial essay i used 7 case studies. made 5 of them up. my teachers a hsc marker he said diversity was good in the eyes of markers...

also with multiple choice, what helps is if you mark the answers with your fingernails or something during reading time. so you can get half the MC question out of the way.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Erdles said:
in my trial essay i used 7 case studies. made 5 of them up. my teachers a hsc marker he said diversity was good in the eyes of markers...
Yeah i'd agree with you on the point of variety and having a good range of case studies. Although i dont recommend you make them up, there are thousands of real companies you could refer to without actually studying them. I myself will use my common knowlege of different companies to relate to various syllabus dot points where appropriate. I find that learning 1 specific case study limits your ability to reenforce the points as not all concepts in the course are present in a single business

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)