predictions for tomrws questions!! (1 Viewer)

cassie8

what do you think the questions for writing will be?
like which area?
i was looking over the 2000 and they asked a fair bit in the listenings and other things about olympics and seems now us 04ers they might ask something about sport ( HOPEFULLY FOR ME) but for writings im thinking something about school life, dont ask me why? and for reading part b i think an EMAIL!!
can anyone help me with emails any advice!
XXX
GRACIE

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
i think emails are pretty good to do, cauz all the info u need to write is right there for you, if u have something like this:

Email 1 (them)
Email 2 (u write)
Email 3 (them)

then its even better, cauz u dont have to think much at all, just make sure u underline the key points u need to talk about in ur reply(s) and you should be fine.

for writing, i just hope we dont get some crazy envirnonment question caus that would really suck, i got asked about envirnonment in my oral... i hope they're not linked...

malkin86

HSC
I predict that we'll get english-style questions.. like 'what is the purpose of this paragraph' or 'what is the tone'. The important thing there is to tell them, and then to use a quote to back it up.

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
yea, with thoes kind of questions, always write more than they give u, cauz my teacher said HSC markers HAVE to read everything u write, so say alot and it'll pay off

melon

malkin86 said:
I predict that we'll get english-style questions.. like 'what is the purpose of this paragraph' or 'what is the tone'.
god i hate them.

fush

HSC
french exams are all the same, u wither good at them or ur crap
i honselty dont give arats ass anymore but i will definately get over 80%

89% for trials

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
malkin86 said:
I predict that we'll get english-style questions.. like 'what is the purpose of this paragraph' or 'what is the tone'.

Definately. There's always crap like that. It's part of the torture process. Just write everything.

I'm a bit over the whole "Olympics" thing.. but there's a chance they'll chuck something in there about it. :rolleyes:

chepas

HSC
Re: English-style Questions - BIEN SUR QUE OUI!!! English is invading everywhere like never before - so dust of the bullcrappingonage skills we learnt for English and tune them into French and use them for the R+R tomorrow :D.

A tip my French teacher gave today - look for languagey techniques in the text. E.g. Metaphor, imagery, tone (sarcasm, exasperation etc), all that sorta stuff.

I also predict in my humble non-knowledge that there will be one of those stupid Email things where we have to reply twice etc etc. (like nondil said).

Also, very important - SCOUR THE TEXT FOR EVERY DETAIL! It's really hard sometimes, esp in listening (omg they ask languagey questions in LISTENING, ffs!).

I also predict some things based on school life, seeing that in France, La rentrée was greeted with the banning of the wearing of all religious symbols in public schools. So be prepared to talk about your life in said emails :rolleyes:.

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
nice tips about replying to the english style questions ill be using them.
yea i dont know why, but ive just got a feeling about that email thingy lol
we'll see

interesting idea about the school life, but i dont think it will be specific about the religious symbols being banned, but having something on school life is definatly a possibility, ho hum... we will see

chepas

HSC
Yeah, I just thought that it is veeeeery topical at the moment, so maybe there might be something like a comparison between school life in Australia and in France. BoardOS seem to like being topical - in the French Ext speaking there was a question on it, so maybe they might talk about it in Continuers, as it can always be adapted/suited to fit the exam. Maybe brush up on the sporting vocabulary, as we had the Olympics this year....

Fine print: Let's know that these are only our ideas and predictions! No suing of Bored of Studies or me or any other Franco BOSer if our suggestions don't turn up in the paper lol! Just thought it might need some spelling out :rolleyes:

k_i_mm_i

HSC
Im very SURE that all the questions will be of "high order thinking" so brush up your analytical skils boys and girls

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
i like the comparison idea and the olympics.. lots of things to study tomorrow morning then haha

yea i remeber that question in extension, i did it but had no idea what i was talking about, oh well

nothing wrong with predicting, but believing a prediction thats something else...

malkin86

HSC
I don't think they'd talk about banning of religious symbols... too controversial.

cassie8

help with writing part B!

can some one help me with anything good for " persuasvive" like im shit at all the things like you having an argument, persuade the person to do this.. any good sentances of phrases ( its mainly for writing part B!)
THANKS!
Gracie xxx

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
persuasive us generally ok if you are good at english.
but even if your not, if u are able to persuade somebody to do something in english then just translate it (with the help of your dictionary) into french.

tell people how good it was, how good it made u feel, or bad whateva ur trying to persuade. give lots of examples. show how it might benefit or not benefit other people, give advice to other people about what to do, or not to do...
it all really depends on the question but generally that kind of thing.

oh and use big, long, descriptive, adjectives, thats always very persuasive.

hope that helps a bit...
good luck for tomorrow

chepas

HSC
Persuasive - like, urgence in tone of voice, choice of words - like repetition of same types of vocab and phrases... if we're talking about R+R lol...

Re: Higher Order Thinking. OMG. WHY!?!? This is a FOREIGN LANGUAGE! Thinking is very hard! :rolleyes:. Probably why it is of a higher order... Where's the dang ladder...

cassie8

hey thanks guy! you sound like you will kick it tomrw!! goodluck just think of me in the listening arrrrrrh im so shit! i wish i had discoverd those french radio sites like a year ago! or as my mum said,,, Gracie , you proablly should of started studying for french abotu 4 years ago when you started, which is true !!! LAST ONE THOUGH!! yay!! please let it be anything to do with acting or sport!!
GOODLUCK!

malkin86

HSC
I also predict weather stuff in the listening.

cassie8

brush up on ur numbers cause that can be easy and really annyoning if you get it wrong!!!and yes weather!! eepp like thunderstorms and like clearing cloud arrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhh not going to be a good day!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)