predictions! thanks heaps! (1 Viewer)

EVA_00

i've posted my subjects, marks and rankings er...somewhere. anyways just thought i'll start a new thread:
please...help! emergency!

well this is my overall school assessment marks and ranking. er...my school is ranked...got it off a friend...top 300 i think. well i go to Birrong Girls' High School.

okies er... here we go

Maths Ext 2/ Mark: 55/ Ranking: 3/5

Maths Ext 1/ Mark: 84.65/ Ranking: 3-4/18

Physics/ Mark: 84.45/ Ranking: equal 4/15

Japanese Continuers/ Mark: 83.6/ Ranking: 3/8

Japanese Ext/ Mark: 42/50/ Ranking: equal 2/5

Advanced English/ Mark: 70/ Ranking: equal 10/61

I'm hoping for 95+, is it possible with these marks and ranking? Quite freaked out atm so yeah...
THANK YOU SO MUCH

EVA_00

oh yeah...i also bought that uaiseeker package but er...i don't know my state percentile. i just put in my raw mark...is that correct?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I would say low to mid 90s.

I think you'd need to improve in english to have a truly solid chance at 95+.

Originally posted by EVA_00
oh yeah...i also bought that uaiseeker package but er...i don't know my state percentile. i just put in my raw mark...is that correct?
No. That's not correct.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
i had the same problem :)

(laz, forgive my simplistic terminology if you see this)

basically, your percentile for each subject is how many people you are "ahead" of.

this can be calculated by determining a) what band your performance generally lies in, in each subject (e.g for me- ancient history/band 5). b) then you go here and can figure out what percentage of people get what band, on average.

for example, in physics, say you are averaging Band 5, your state percentile would be around 62 or 63, as that is the percentage of students in the state doing physics who get BELOW band 5.

have i explained it okay?? PM me or ask here if you need any more help

EVA_00

wow...so they don't actually take your mark into consideration...nono as in...okay they look at your mark...let's say 88 and you're a band 5 for physics. does that mean your state percentile is still 62 even though you're the top of the band 5 group? hmm...seems a bit bleak to get my desired mark...

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
wow...so they don't actually take your mark into consideration...nono as in...okay they look at your mark...let's say 88 and you're a band 5 for physics. does that mean your state percentile is still 62 even though you're the top of the band 5 group? hmm...seems a bit bleak to get my desired mark...
yeah, your mark has nothing to do with your percentile.

i know what you mean about it sounding bleak.. i'm in the top band for extension 2 english and my percentile is only 60 something :) but thats the way to do it, i swear!

EVA_00

argh!!! only low 90s? gosh. okies have to pick up both english and maths...how about japanese and physics?

hmmm...anyways thanks for the help!

kt san

hey did someone comment on her jap and physics
but dun matter
teacher said ur jap is band 6 standard
i hope u get over 95 uai
but my wallet would be thinking else wise

Jeo

percentile means, ugh.... let me copy and paste brb....

50th percentile means, your mark is better than half of them, and worse than half of them.

70th percentile means, your mark is better than 70% of them, etc

in the state that is

Baka Sama

thank you!

gettin a uai above 90 would be definetly a tough job.......
wat are the chances of a miracle happenin?

EVA_00

chill babe...i think you'll do well in hsc. just study hard and u'll get there! always have faith in u!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)