• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Prefects (1 Viewer)

felafel

hmmm . . . my school might do it (jump rope for heart) this year . . .but heaps of organisation required. . .

Last edited:

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by felafel
hmmm but we're running out of ideas now . . . any suggestions?

i was thinking of a student vs. teacher debate, a breakfast, or a chilli eating competition!
student vs teacher debate hehe

Demandred

HSC
Nothing much I guess.

- Assembly
- Lead/oversee the SRC (1 per SRC group)
- Organise out of school events
- Speeches/presentations
- Open / Information nights
- Organise events for our grade only
- Have meetings with principle for future of the school

It is really hard for us to organise stuff, the wheel of progress turns very slowly as we are usually hammered with school work or perhaps simply too lazy :p.

Demandred

HSC
Well not really, probably most captains and prefects does these things as well.

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
Im a captain at my school and even though we go to a coed school there are two girl captains.. strange eh! but we get alot of stuff done and its good. Apart from running the morning assembly, chairing the formal assembly and other assemblies we also do alot of fundraiser and outer school work. our prefects and vice captains are ok they are more there for the title i think, theyre great people its just they often dont get involved in things. our src has improved so much recently and its actually going really well ...
this year the src has organised a krispy kremes fundraiser, a sunscreen fundraiser and a school dance!
The other captain and myself have attended world visions youth leadership conference and since returning i have organised a forty hour famine with students in the school - around about 70 students are doing it so i think its great! last week i also organised a red cross appeal .. some students participated in the door knock appeal and we also did a desk knock appeal where we asked kids to donate. kate and i have also attended a few other leadership camps and conferences which have been great! we're going to the opera house on thursday for another conference and first week back at school we are going to parliament house. kate and i have also written letters to local mps about certain proposals we support etc and recently we wrote letters to federal mps about the situation in 3rd world countries. Kate at times isnt as eager to get involved with things cause she wants to focus on study as number one priority but i like keeping busy! because we're both girls it sometimes gets a lil competitive and thats prolly the only bad things between us. Everyone in my year is mega lazy so im also organising the formal and the yearbook for year 12. I think you have to have an effective prefect body and motivated leaders to have a fun and productive school environment.

Last edited:

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
Oh an idea for a fundraiser instead of having a debate have like a general knowledge test.. teachers vs students and u get a pile of questions together of all different types e.g. history, english, maths, science but also movies, music etc and test teachers and students. and ud have to have like a nominated teacher organiser and a nominated student organiser to make it fair and they work out and ask the questions.

felafel

but how to make money from a general knowledge test?

and how long would that take? a debate takes 40 -60 minutes while a general knowledge test?!?!

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
charge the audience to watch it same with a teachers vs students footy / soccer game. it can take as long or as short as u want. prolly an hour would be good. matters how many questions you wanna ask.

felafel

huh? i don't like that . . . who's going to pay to see teachers and students answer questions?

argh . . . i dunno, but for teacher vs. student sport game, selling pizza and drink is the way to go

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by felafel
my gosh . . . prefects at my school are waaaay different

we do soooo much fun stuff! like . . .
valentines day services - serenades, roses, hugs, messages
daffodil day - deliver daffodils, sell bears, etc.
support other charities - world's greatest shave, drought appeal
organise other fun stuff! - prefect afternoon teas (with prefects from other schools), 3-on-3 bball, 3-on-3 soccer, teacher vs student sport games!
That basically sums up what the SRC do in my school...

Sset561986

im "senior" prefect ie the captains 5th wheel that does all their dirty work ( but i didn't say that!) lol nah we have fun go on camp fundraising stuff send a friend a flower, recently held a black & white ball that went off! all the usual stuff i guess. Our year 12 members are all the kind of people who are happy to work hard for a common goal and don't give a stuff wat other people think! oh yeah did i metion we have have fun and tend to get away with more then we should lol

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
well i posted in this thread ages ago:

Originally posted by bubz :D
lol i was a prefect and we did absolutely NOTHING during my last two terms of school ;D bloody brilliant, and it looks good on your reference too! *sits back in chair*

all i can remember doing was interviewing the yr six's, shwoing them around on orientation day, chairing assemblies, a few meetings, organising and going to other schools' afternoon teas, going to prefect dinners... LOL i swear our school does nothing XD [unlike other schools' prefects that i've heard of ;D wuahahha]

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
hold it near the end of term and trust me kids will pay $1 or something to get outa class. its pretty kewl we did it at my old school it was really successful. but its up to u... its just the same as a debate just a lil bit more exciting cause trust me none of the students at my school would wanna sit there listening to speeches for an hour. but if u asked questions that interests the audience or watever then that would be diff.

KarmaKitten

HSC
we organise events for year 12, we help out at assemblies, we go to functions. events, leadership meetings etc
we organise the yearbook, jerseys, the formal, entertainment such as trivia night and fundraise

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
we cant have a "trivia night" cause the P&C already stole that idea but next term im gonna see if we can run with a triva day. i think it would be kewl and have it near the end of term and those who dont wanna see the trivia can see a teachers vs students footy game and yeah i think we'll just charge everyone $1 otherwise they have to go to class or something

felafel

but what about the teachers who take part in the 'trivia day'? how can the teachers get out of class but not the students!??!?!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)