Preferences question (1 Viewer)

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
OMG!!!!!!!111111 Tha offaz came out!!!!!!!!111111

But in all seriousness, im confused, all the stuff in the UAC books is very unclear.

I got an offer in Main Round, but what do I do if I want to be considered in Late Round, for a course that is not in my original preferences????

seedorf

HSC
N/A
I got into Bachelor of Social Sciences at Uni of NSW - which is i guess is not bad, but ive decided that its gonna be international studies or nothing. So what am i supposed to? accept this offer and change preferences or reject it and hope for an offer in the later rounds? What im saying is IF i accept the offer do i get to be considered for the later rounds or not?

mz_purfect

Pedantic Perfectionist
A paradoxical world where innocents suffer n crims
HSC
no i reckon that u should first accecpt ur offer and then change ur prefs. Why because then if u dont get an offer in later rounds u WONT miss out on uni altogether... after accepting put anything u want in the first pref n onwards if u stick with your orginal offer as ur first pref then you want get any more offers bcoz u've have alredy got ur first pref.... (im assuming that was ur 1st pref) :)

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
so can u accept the offer and change ur prefs in case u get better offers in the later rounds?

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
ok lets take this scenario for eg:

i accept the main round offer but im having 2nd thoughts. will i still be able to choose one of my later round offers (lower preferences)?

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
ok i got offered my 3rd preference, i still want my first, and my first one has vacancies still, i think theyre just waiting to see if higher uai pple will put it as a preference first because my uai is the same as the cutoff, i know we can change preferences and stuff but does it matter if i accept my offer and change its position on the preference list? like make it lower or something?

mz_purfect

Pedantic Perfectionist
A paradoxical world where innocents suffer n crims
HSC
Wild Dan Hibiki said:
ok lets take this scenario for eg:

i accept the main round offer but im having 2nd thoughts. will i still be able to choose one of my later round offers (lower preferences)?
yes. If u get another offer in the later rounds then you choose which offer you want to keep. You either stay with the earlier offer or accept the new one. If now you want one of your lower preferences then you should put them as you higher pref because the computer looks fristly at ur 1st pref bcoz that is the one you really want.

sparkl3z said:
ok i got offered my 3rd preference, i still want my first, and my first one has vacancies still, i think theyre just waiting to see if higher uai pple will put it as a preference first because my uai is the same as the cutoff, i know we can change preferences and stuff but does it matter if i accept my offer and change its position on the preference list? like make it lower or something?
Yeh u should accept ur 3rd pref offer and then leave ur higher prefs as it is bcoz they are the ones u really want. Also with ppl who get an offer to their lower prefs are mostly likely going to get an offer to their higher pref in later rounds but it really depends on the demand and supply constraint.

BTW dont rush u guys....u still got like a few days to think about ur prefs (until 24th Jan) and accepting ur offer. So take time. Dont rush into anything. After all this is ur future ur talkn abt! :)

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
lol ok thanks dude..hehe my stress is over....maybe just beginning.....lol....but its good stress this time!!! hehe so relieved over the offers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)