• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Preferences (1 Viewer)

katiep3

HSC
Hey everyone,
I'm wondering if anybody knows when 2009 HSC students (ie: me) are due to send in their preferences for university? my school hasn't said anything about it yet and i've been told i should be doing it already... anyone know anything more? also, do you fill out the specific courses or just the universities as your preference?
thanks!

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Hey everyone,
I'm wondering if anybody knows when 2009 HSC students (ie: me) are due to send in their preferences for university? my school hasn't said anything about it yet and i've been told i should be doing it already... anyone know anything more? also, do you fill out the specific courses or just the universities as your preference?
thanks!
I don't know exact dates but you have aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages yet.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
I think applications closes ~30th september... so u got ages lol

oly1991

HSC
your school will notify you when it arises...

it wouldn't be very likely that you miss the date.

terminator69

HSC
Is it likely the school will provide any info on courses etc or is that your own responsibility?

oly1991

HSC
Is it likely the school will provide any info on courses etc or is that your own responsibility?
they will provide you info on courses but not in great "detail". However, it is your responsibility to apply for the course.

LordPc

HSC
your own responsibility for the most part. there are far too many courses at various universities for your school to provide you with enough information about them all. if you are lucky they will give you some information but it is really up to you to go out and pick a course. it is after all, your life and your decision to make

I think applications closes ~30th september... so u got ages lol
for those wondering, application means that you just need to pay up. you can change your preferences until january of the next year but UAC needs you to pay up early. if you apply afterward, you have to also pay a late fee

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
I'm sure there is NO school in the state which would be as negligent as to not inform their students about UAC Applications.
Good point... unless you go to a school that has consistent appaling results for the hsc, ending up with no one taking up tertiary study, then there will be no need for them to inform :)
and if you just happen to be a bright spark in that school, you'll need to do all the info gathering yourself...

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Good point... unless you go to a school that has consistent appaling results for the hsc, ending up with no one taking up tertiary study, then there will be no need for them to inform :)
and if you just happen to be a bright spark in that school, you'll need to do all the info gathering yourself...
Even the worst of schools would help it's candidates get into university :)
Unless you go to a high school (Years 7-10), but you wouldn't need it then =)

katiep3

HSC
The UAC 2010 Guide will be available in August 2009 for information about applying to university in 2010. UAC Applications generally tend to open in August with on time applications closing 30 September (after this you have to pay a late fee as well as an application fee). You fill out specific courses at the university you wish to attend. Once you fill out your application to UAC you can change your preferences as many times as you want until early January 2010 to be considered in the main round. Best to confirm all these dates when the 2010 book comes out.
thanks so much for that :) i had my older brother telling me it should be happening already and freaking me out haha. so cheers, that explains a lot =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)