• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Pregnancy / Periods (2 Viewers)

jordanv

HSC
Ms 12 said:
Its the same as stepping on an ant. If you've ever done that you're being hypocritical when you say abortion is murder.
you are assuming that people who say abortion is murder think murder is a bad thing.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Ms 12 said:
Its the same as stepping on an ant. If you've ever done that you're being hypocritical when you say abortion is murder.
now i agree with your previous argument, but the above statement is a childish and irrelevant argument.

i totally agree that abortion in cases where the mother had no control over her situation is the only humane course. however, i think that sexual urges are by no means an excuse for unprotected sex.

i have friends who have had pregnancy scares, and when i question them further about it found out that they use the "pulling out" method of contraception, which is not even contraception.

i think that women should be better informed and that contraception should be made readily available to women, without parental permission if necessary.

too many of people i know have had abortions, when they should know better. you can only blame the condom or the pill failing so many times before taking responsibility.

also, ms 12, dont crack onto joeysboy for spelling. that's just childish.

nwatts

HSC
natstar said:
Are you calling killing cells murder. Pff you can do that to youself by drinking alcohol
I believe life begins at conception. Therefore, abortion is killing a very much alive and unborn person. Killing a person = murder. Hence, abortion = murder.

You can't argue with me. I can believe what I want. Similarly, you are entitled to whatever twisted morals you feel best suit you.

nwatts

HSC
natstar said:
Your stupid.
Oh the irony.

natstar said:
If thats your personal theory then thats fine, but dont call my morals twisted, becuase they are just not my morals, they are the same as the majoity of responses here.
They are twisted. You're perfectly happy with killing a life that would have otherwise grown up into a person unlike yourself or I. That's twisted.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
pat.daly said:
And you have a choice... its just that one of the options is murder.
i can live with it .... why cant you?
and then its state-sanctioned murder more correctly.. death penalty is similar..

im a firm believer in abortion post-counselling.. its a necessity..

Benny1103

HSC
N/A
Uh, being a dirty skank and abortion are different things. Regardless of a person's morals and other irrelevant things, abortion is a right of the woman. Any one who believes otherwise was obviously shielded from reality by their parents.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
but natstar, you keep changing your argument. first you said that its a womans right to have an abortion if she feels the need, then you said that many women fall pregnant by accident, but its not their fault because the condom breaks all the time and the pill fails, then you said that abortions should only be administered to rape victims and the mentally ill, and now you're back to the beginning saying that abortions are every womans right.

i dont think abortions are a right, i think they are a procedure to be administers in extreme situations, but the amount of young women who have abortions, sometimes multiple, is frightening and indicative that the situation is getting out of control.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
nwatts said:
Ah, so it's not just me who thinks she's not with the program?
well, no. i wouldnt say that. i just think that she believes so strongly in an issue that she didnt really get her argument straight and so she sort of just argued every pro-abortion point ever invented.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
AlleyCat said:
well, no. i wouldnt say that. i just think that she believes so strongly in an issue that she didnt really get her argument straight and so she sort of just argued every pro-abortion point ever invented.
i wish to abort you.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
I wish retroactive abortions were legal. :(

nwatts

HSC
AlleyCat said:
But how is one supposed to argue with someone who can't even figure out what they believe?

I've been in debates with natstar before. She laces herself in irony and pretends that she's inpenetrable. It's like arguing with a megaphone. Ie, she amplifies (and often supports) your comments through her own stupidity.

Anyways, it's a subjective debate anyway. I'm throwing the pomo card and asking the question of why we bother having abortion discussions anyway?

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
stazi said:
i wish to abort you.
hi stas baby cakes!

e arguments are rather worthless you know. everyone sticks to their guns and everyones pulling out the wikipedia and its a war zone.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
AlleyCat said:
hi stas baby cakes!

e arguments are rather worthless you know. everyone sticks to their guns and everyones pulling out the wikipedia and its a war zone.
you can stick to my guns any time ;) honey-pants

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
natstar i think you make some good points, but you also have to see the other side of it, and that its not a clear cut good and bad argument. however you feel about whether or not the foetus is a living organism or not, the choice to kill something inside of you that has the possibility of life is one that cant be taken lightly, and it is being taken lightly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)