• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Prelim 2015 Chit Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
I'm going to be quite bust at school tomorrow DatAtarLyfe. I'm going to speak with the deputy about dropping physics.
b-bb-but why physics? :(
yeh im gonna bring it up with deputy but i have a bad feeling im getting rejected so im ready to then bring it up with the principal and then ring bostes. Im serious bro, if i dont get to drop business ima bring down the whole nation with me

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
b-bb-but why physics? :(
yeh im gonna bring it up with deputy but i have a bad feeling im getting rejected so im ready to then bring it up with the principal and then ring bostes. Im serious bro, if i dont get to drop business ima bring down the whole nation with me
I'll send you a message about it...

I've been protesting my position in the class with the deputy for a while now, I'm sitting on 13 units which allows me to drop a 2U subject- that being physics. I understand your situation with you and business, so I can relate. The staff should know that this is our own HSC, we do whatever we want, make choices appropriately. We don't need their input and restrictions, at the end of the day, they aren't going to baby sit us when we are doing the HSC...

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
100% agree. Do you guys actually know why they restrict when you can drop? again i haven't inquired yet so i dont know, but im a son of a lawyer so ima get my way

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
100% agree. Do you guys actually know why they restrict when you can drop? again i haven't inquired yet so i dont know, but im a son of a lawyer so ima get my way
A lot of dropkicks at my school, they believe that if students drop a subject they will be a nuisance around the school and disturb other classes instead of taking advantage of the library study rooms to do work/study, if there were no dropkicks I don't know if this would happen. I personally think the government made a wrong decision on the minimum age students are allowed to leave school.

Lawyers don't come around for cheap, you've basically got one up your sleeve 24x7 hahaha + its for free.

Ambility

HSC
Do you guys get to drop next term or next year? not sure wats the norm but i assume it would be the start of the term
I think my school does it next year but not sure, gonna inquire on tuesday. Taking tomorrow of as well XD
I get to drop two weeks after the beginning of next term. Dropping business and engineering, picking up 4u. It seems I can drop what I want at my school, but they do pressure you to keep 12 units because screw-ups in test / keeps you occupied / people always regret it. All the usual excuses.

Last edited:

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I get to drop two weeks after the beginning of next term. Dropping business and engineering, picking up 4u. It seems I can drop what I want at my school, but they do pressure you to keep 12 units because screw-ups in test / keeps you occupied / people always regret it. All the usual excuses.
Nice, so you will be having 10 units?

Graceuf

HSC
So today seems to be results day. 90% in maths. Top mark in my class. 59% in chem and judging that our teacher said over 50% was good. I'm okay with that mark. Still considering dropping it though so I'll see what the rest of the day holds.

Ambility

HSC
Just got results from yearlies today, 90%, first in the class :). Pretty happy.

UnbiasedProductivity

The lurker.
HSC
I don't get the whole "First in the class" thing. That only works for years 7-10, doesn't it? I mean really you should be comparing yourself to the grade. You are going to be competing against the State. So yeah. Bleh.

Ambility

HSC
I don't get the whole "First in the class" thing. That only works for years 7-10, doesn't it? I mean really you should be comparing yourself to the grade. You are going to be competing against the State. So yeah. Bleh.
If there's only one chemistry class in my school's grade, doesn't that make me first in the grade?

calamebe

HSC
I had my 2 unit test today, I finished with an hour to go and I'm pretty sure I'll get 100%. Now I just have to study for Extension 1.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
I had my 2 unit test today, I finished with an hour to go and I'm pretty sure I'll get 100%. Now I just have to study for Extension 1.
isn't that every 2u test?

Im probs gonna get some results tomorrow since i havent been to school since wednesday. Mudda shitting it for extension

calamebe

HSC
isn't that every 2u test?

Im probs gonna get some results tomorrow since i havent been to school since wednesday. Mudda shitting it for extension
Nope I always make 1 silly mistake. Last time this was what I got wrong:
a+b=-3
Sub in a=2
2+b=3
b=1

I'm so angry at myself for forgetting the minus sign.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Nope I always make 1 silly mistake. Last time this was what I got wrong:
a+b=-3
Sub in a=2
2+b=3
b=1

I'm so angry at myself for forgetting the minus sign.
feels. Ive done three 2u exams throughout the year (including yearlies) and in total ive lost 2 marks out of all exams, however they were such stupppiidd mistakes im still kicking myself. The first test i lost a mark cause when i was doing x^3 - 8, i quoted the formula and did everything right except i forgot to cube root the 8 so i was plugging in 8's instead of 2's. The second exam was when i was changing a recurring decimal to a fraction, they wanted the answer in mixed numerals but i gave in improper. FML
Im gonna end up losing a mark again, i can feel it

calamebe

HSC
feels. Ive done three 2u exams throughout the year (including yearlies) and in total ive lost 2 marks out of all exams, however they were such stupppiidd mistakes im still kicking myself. The first test i lost a mark cause when i was doing x^3 - 8, i quoted the formula and did everything right except i forgot to cube root the 8 so i was plugging in 8's instead of 2's. The second exam was when i was changing a recurring decimal to a fraction, they wanted the answer in mixed numerals but i gave in improper. FML
Im gonna end up losing a mark again, i can feel it
Wow that second one though. I've lost a mark in year 10 physics for something equally stupid, I did 3/2 m/s^2 when the teacher said it wasn't right as it should be 1.5 m/s^2. WTF! But I'm in the exact same position as you, 2 marks lost all year. First test 100%, then lost a mark in the next two.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Wow that second one though. I've lost a mark in year 10 physics for something equally stupid, I did 3/2 m/s^2 when the teacher said it wasn't right as it should be 1.5 m/s^2. WTF! But I'm in the exact same position as you, 2 marks lost all year. First test 100%, then lost a mark in the next two.
i honestly should be sitting on two 100%, its gonna haunt me till i die

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)