Prelim 2015 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I just draw the triangle for the t formula, it's so much easier
Exactly, I have no idea why I do not do that and just memorise the crap out of everything

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
rote learning formulas (and maths in general) is the worst thing to do lol

although it is helpful to memorise niche stuff for convenience to make the process more efficient

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Drsoccerball

HSC
rote learning formulas (and maths in general) is the worst thing to do lol

although it is helpful to memorise niche stuff for convenience to make the process more efficient

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
In extension 2 i memorised the process for doing something because i kept getting it wrong. However, memorising the process increased my wrong to right by 50% until ekman showed me how to do it properly ahah

unicorns101

HSC
In extension 2 i memorised the process for doing something because i kept getting it wrong. However, memorising the process increased my wrong to right by 50% until ekman showed me how to do it properly ahah
ooooooh u have got to tell us!

unicorns101

HSC
ummm haha "mechanics equating forces" ahahhahahahahahhahahahahhaha
*that awkward moment when i dont even know what ur talking about*

forgive me master, i have failed you...

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Hahaha as a matter of fact I do memorise formulas (there are quite a few as well in ext 1 and 2), however it is only because I don't want to waste time in the exam deriving them, and instead utilise them to get the answer quickly.
We must be brothers, that is exactly me.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Hahaha as a matter of fact I do memorise formulas (there are quite a few as well in ext 1 and 2), however it is only because I don't want to waste time in the exam deriving them, and instead utilise them to get the answer quickly.

I only memorise methods of solving questions only and only if it is really unique and I probably wont remember it in the exam. Some of these methods are useful as well, and there is no harm done in memorising them.
oh yeh, true

but as long as you understand what you're doing in maths, memorising formulas is probs not necessarily a bad thing haha

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Drscoccerball is a genius, so I cant compare to his ability to derive almost everything lol. I choose to do most things the complex way, i.e rote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)